I-485 question...

Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

deenz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-485 question...

Hi -

On form I-485 Part 3 (b) the box that states "applying with you"

If my wife is a US citizen is this a "no" because she is American, or a "Yes" becasue she is supporting my application (with I864 for example?)

Thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 question...

Originally Posted by deenz5
Hi -

If my wife is a US citizen is this a "no" because she is American, or a "Yes" becasue she is supporting my application (with I864 for example?)

Thanks!
No, she is not applying with you.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi -

Thanks!
"Applying" & "petitioning" are 2 different things.. some of the immigration words have specific meanings just to confuse us all.

You are applying. Your wife is not.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou!

This is the last quesiton I have (hopefully!) before everything is sorted:

On I-130 C-Q22 - It states:

"Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:

and also:

"If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in"

Do I need to fill out both boxes below these comments if Im already in the US.

So... Chicago for the first and London for the second?

Thanks so much for your help!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou!

This is the last quesiton I have (hopefully!) before everything is sorted:

On I-130 C-Q22 - It states:

"Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:

and also:

"If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in"

Do I need to fill out both boxes below these comments if Im already in the US.

So... Chicago for the first and London for the second?

Thanks so much for your help!
Hi:

Since you apparently live in Chicago, by all means list Chicago as the appropriate field office. On the second one put in London.

Also, no harm no foul on this particular question.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

The I-485 & the I-130 instructions both ask for the G-325A form.

Are you supposed to enclose all 4 copies of the G325A (as instructed to do so on page 5), for both forms above, for both husband and wife?

Thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Since you apparently live in Chicago, by all means list Chicago as the appropriate field office. On the second one put in London.

Also, no harm no foul on this particular question.
So, you put the field office that is closest to where you live, not Chicago because that is where you are sending the AOS package?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
So, you put the field office that is closest to where you live, not Chicago because that is where you are sending the AOS package?
Correct.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Find your Local Office (sometimes called Field or District Office) by zip code here:

USCIS Service and Office Locator

That page will also get you to Service Center and other office locators.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:09 pm

Are you supposed to enclose all 4 copies of the G325A (as instructed to do so on page 5), for both forms above, for both husband and wife?

Thanks!
Complete each form independent of any others.
IE: the I-130 asks for one batch of stuff. The I-485 asks for another batch of stuff. Sometimes, duplicates are required.

All forms = originals with original signatures
All evidence = photocopies, retain originals for the interview.

G-325A: one 'form' = 4 nearly identical pages
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Thanks!
Hi:

AmCit puts in one G-325a to accompany the I-130. When the I-130 and I-485 are put in together, the alien need only put in one G-325a 4-set, not two.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

One puts in the Field Office with jurisdiction over the place where you live. More often than not, it happens to be the closest one, but not always.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

AmCit puts in one G-325a to accompany the I-130. When the I-130 and I-485 are put in together, the alien need only put in one G-325a 4-set, not two.
phew! Thanks; 4 pages of white bond saved.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Ooops...What happens if you put the wrong field office?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:22 am

Ooops...What happens if you put the wrong field office?
20 Lashes.
And then, I don't know what. Probably they will send it where your address is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.