Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Automatic 6 months extension on CR-1 upon filing for Removal of Conditions?

Automatic 6 months extension on CR-1 upon filing for Removal of Conditions?

Old Nov 18th 2001, 2:34 pm
Hector Rojas

Hello all,

I read somewhere over the net (cant remember if it was an Immigration Attorney
website or somewhere else), that when you file for Removal of Conditions, you get an
automatic 6 months extension of your Conditional Status, while you wait for the INS
to either accept or deny your application.

Is that true or just empty words?

I went to the INS website, and as usual it is not very friendly to understand or find
the information we need.

Hector

Old Nov 18th 2001, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is an automatic 12 month extension. It comes in the form of a letter from the service center and is to be used the same as the green card. If you have not received the ten year green card before the 12 months is up, you can then go to the local INS office and get another I-551 stamp in your passport.

Rita
Old Nov 18th 2001, 8:11 pm
Hector Rojas

And how would you define "file an application"?

Do I file from the moment I send the petition or is it from the moment the INS
receives it?

Hector

"Ranjini" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I read somewhere over the net (cant remember if it was an Immigration Attorney[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > website or somewhere else), that when you file for Removal of Conditions, you get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > an automatic 6 months extension of your Conditional Status, while you wait for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the INS to either accept or deny your application.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Is that true or just empty words?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I went to the INS website, and as usual it is not very friendly to understand or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > find the information we need.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hector[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 18th 2001, 9:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hector

Think about your questions. You have been through the AOS and so filing applications is not something new to you.

Filing an application is defined by completing it, mailing it and having it received. In this case it is the filing of the I-751 via mail along with the evidence and check for the application fee and having it received by the Service Center. In turn the Service Center sends you an NOA via I-757 which extends your present soon to expire green card for one year.

Rita
Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:19 am
Ranjini

in message

[usenetquote2]> > > > Hello all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > I read somewhere over the net (cant remember if it was an[/usenetquote2]
Immigration
[usenetquote2]> > > > Attorney website or somewhere else), that when you file for Removal[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> > > > Conditions, you get an automatic 6 months extension of your Conditional[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Status, while you wait for the INS to either accept or deny your application.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Is that true or just empty words?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > I went to the INS website, and as usual it is not very friendly to understand[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > or find the information we need.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Hector[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 19th 2001, 3:21 am
Michael Voight

You get one year. Then, you might need another year, and another...

Michael

Hector Rojas wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:11 pm
Hector Rojas

[usenetquote2]> > Hector[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

I dont really know what is moving your answer, but it's kind of clear that is not
the will to help. If you dont want to help, please keep your bad taste and bad
timing for yourself.

Please try not to make fun of names or people ok?

Hector

Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:13 pm
Hector Rojas

The same apply to you, I dont know you, and you dont know me.

You dont even know what is the situation my wife and I are going through, so please
try not to get a laugh at our expense, specially in a critical time like the ones we
are living at.

and again, if you dont have any constructive thing to say, or dont want to help,
please keep it to yourself.

Thanks

Hector

Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:48 pm
Paulgani

If you have a sense of humor, more people will like you and answer the
questions you post.

Paulgani

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Hector

Most of the regulars here on the NG do know you and your wife Olivia. She is from Kentucky and I believe works for the postal service in a supervisory capacity and you are from Chile. Your wife is quite a few years older than you and when you first met on the internet she told you she was 25 but had to tell you the truth before meeting you. You guys married in Chile and the US Consulate there didn't want to approve your I-130 because of your age difference. But several phone interviews with your wife helped get your visa approved and you came into the US towards the end of 1999.

You used the group quite extensively during that time and should clearly remember the 'humour' exhibited by various regular members of the NG and should not be as offended as you are.

Also the questions you are asking could be easily answered by one post alone and by your reading the FAQ pages a bit and/or doing a search and reading about the removal of conditions as experienced by posters prior to you.

At the current time, the NG is now old enough to be frequented by many who entered the US in 1998 and who were lucky enough to adjust status within 12 months and are at present doing the same thing you are. So hang around, read and learn.

Rita
Old Nov 19th 2001, 11:35 pm
Onigiri

>
    >
    >

Do I have bad taste when I post or when I read your response ? Dont read this;
send/file/apply/post/envie your I-751.

Old Nov 20th 2001, 1:04 am
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Mr Origami has the most exquisite taste and his timing is only second to Chevy Chase.
I think we should see more of his humour.

Please try not to ask completely dickwad questions and spend more time caring for
your elderly wife.

Grinch