August Flights Ouch!!

Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all
Default August Flights Ouch!!

Flying back for a visit on 31st July for 2weeks
Flying Canadian Affaire! Going to set me back best part of $1380.00 ouch! The joys of flying back over August I suppose!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:51 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: August Flights Ouch!!

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit
Flying Canadian Affaire! Going to set me back best part of $1380.00 ouch! The joys of flying back over August I suppose!
I have recently been booking some conference flights to the US and Europe and they seem to be a good deal more expensive than last year - and it's mostly taxes and other add-ons, not the ticket itself.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Thats true! They have just changed the rules here in Canada, all flight prices must now show all taxes in the price. Last time i came back cost me $900. but that was in march 4 years ago.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:01 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds about typical for the last couple of years. We always used to fly Ottawa - LHR since Ottawa is our closest airport, but it always seems to be over $1200 now. So we've stated going from Boston or New York, since there's a lot more flights per day and several carriers, the flights are often much cheaper than Ottawa or Montreal.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

I think the main reason is the August flight times. I remember when ever i looked at flying out to see my folks in Fuerterventura at that time the flights would get jacked up. I do like the idea of a driect flight though. I flew from th UK to Tucson with 3 changes! never again lol.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I paid that much for DS 2 to fly back last July.
I've been looking for Dd and myself, if the house isn't sold we are going to go to UK for the summer.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:10 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking for June, and same thing very expensive. We had air miles last year, but can't find dates this year. I don't see any cheap deals anywhere.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm visiting back soon (on an exploratory trip to assess how practical dual residency US-UK is) and the fare from Florida is very reasonable. Roughly the same in dollars(no inflation adjustment) as it was 30 years ago!

But for summer it is roughly 50% more. I'm unsure how much of that is seasonal and how much is booking too far ahead.

Is anyone aware of a good online forum where US-UK travel costs are discussed? In particular how many days ahead is optimal.