Applying for L1 with DUI

Old Oct 5th 2022, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Km88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for L1 with DUI

Originally Posted by Themis3528
No never discussed and he had his interview on Monday and is being issued with a visa. He provided them access to his acro records and wasn’t an issue until he went for his medical. He was treated the same as someone with a drug charge on their record.
Eeek, glad he is getting his visa. What did the medical entail?
Old Oct 5th 2022, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Themis3528 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Km88
Eeek, glad he is getting his visa. What did the medical entail?
He had a full physical with blood work and a chest X-ray. They also questioned him on his police certificate which is how they learned of the dui. Then he attended 4 times for random blood and urine tests. He needed to stay completely abstinent from alcohol to pass the blood/urine tests. Our attorney didn’t even know of this requirement. Thankfully we got there in the end but it has been stressful and expensive. Lol
Old Oct 5th 2022, 3:16 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

FYI: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FA....html#M302_2_8
Old Oct 6th 2022, 4:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

OP now has the information to address most of his concerns. I know the ethos of this forum is generally DIY and why waste your money on professional advice, I would like to tell you what **I** would be doing if I was still in practice and representing OP. It is not uncommon for treatment of various issues to be quite post specific. Sometimes it can be a bug up the arse of a specific ConOff. So, if I was involved in an application like this I would network with other immigration lawyers to get the scoop on current LND practice.

(FWIW, traditionally the consular post which was problematic on DUI and alcohol related issues was Ciudad Juarez. Many of the FAM provisions have their roots in CDJ. Several colleagues were of the firm opinion that panel physicians were seeking “la mordida.” ButI digress).
Old Oct 6th 2022, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
OP now has the information to address most of his concerns..
An assumption that may prove incorrect.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 6:48 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by LegalEagleTX
An assumption that may prove incorrect.
Matter of personal privilege.

No assumption was made. I have no idea of his/hers/their applies. I have no idea if OP is binary or not. It is considered old fashioned by many, but use of his in context covers all possibilities.

This is off topic.

Be nice.
Old May 26th 2023, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Hireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Has there been any update on this post? I am in a similar situation, in that I need to go have a medical in Dublin due to a DUI from 5 years ago (Visa:L1).
As themis noted, her husband had to go through the 12 months of abstinence testing? Is this common?
I only drink a glass at special occasions (weddings etc), otherwise nothing. Incredibly stressed I will have to do the 12 months, pls let me know if you have any info!
Old May 28th 2023, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Themis3528 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Because we lived in Belfast, we went through the London consulate and medical office. He had to fly over 4 times with a 72 hour notice for a blood and urine test. He stopped drinking completely so it wasn’t an issue for him testing. They also state they are looking for habitual drinking so a drink once in a while shouldn’t result in a bad test. But do you want to take that chance.
He received his visa in October and we entered the states on November 17th. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Jun 8th 2023, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Anon63WPT is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting that it was never discussed? So in their eyes it wasnt an issue?
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

SJH1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Km88
Hello,
I work for a global company based in London and have recently been given the opportunity to relocate to the US and work from our head office which would be a dream come true, however… I have a drink driving offence from 2013 that resulted in a driving ban and fine.
since then I have travelled to the US many times under an esta and did not declare the drink driving offence - I put no in my answer. Maybe in hindsight I should have just put yes

This isn’t a “I must work in America”, just something my boss floated and and HR agreed that I’d be eligible for an L1 visa.

I have two questions-
​​​​​​— if I declare this on my L1 visa application and it gets denied, will this mean I am no longer able to travel to the US as I did not declare on esta?
-– I have not declared my driving offence to my company (it has now been spent but it wasn’t when I first joined, however this was not a question asked at any point prior to me being hired), will this likely hinder me by now declaring it? If I do declare it, will this information get passed onto senior management or stay within HR/legal?

Thanks so much for any advice given!

so what happened? Did you get the L1 visa?
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 6:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJH1
so what happened? Did you get the L1 visa?
The OP never came back to update - and hasn't been on the forum for 18 months so isn't likely to see your question I'm afraid.