Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applying for a Holiday Visa with a pending permanent residency application

Applying for a Holiday Visa with a pending permanent residency application

Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Limey187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Applying for a Holiday Visa with a pending permanent residency application

Given that ill be waiting around 8 years for my priority date to become current, i'd be wanting to go on several holidays to America in that time, for which ill need to apply for a Holiday Visa. Will there be any issues considering i have shown intent to immigrate there permanently?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:49 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a Holiday Visa with a pending permanent residency application

Originally Posted by Limey187
Given that ill be waiting around 8 years for my priority date to become current, i'd be wanting to go on several holidays to America in that time, for which ill need to apply for a Holiday Visa. Will there be any issues considering i have shown intent to immigrate there permanently?
Are you not eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a Holiday Visa with a pending permanent residency application

Holiday Visa?

As Nutmegger asked, are you not VWP eligible?

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

No, criminal convictions

I know i could probably lie on the ESTA and go on holiday there quite easily but i wouldnt want it to come back to bite me in the ass in my immigrant visa interview a few years down the line.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for explaining. Are you sure it's the type of conviction that makes you ineligible for the VWP?

If you do need a B2 visa, keep in mind that if you need a waiver, it's taking more than 6 months to process.

Without knowing what your conviction was for, it's hard to give specifics.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Will there be any issues considering i have shown intent to immigrate there permanently?
No. On every entry to the US, you are required to not have immigrant intent on that specific visit. Your long-term goals are largely irrelevant.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Thanks for explaining. Are you sure it's the type of conviction that makes you ineligible for the VWP?

If you do need a B2 visa, keep in mind that if you need a waiver, it's taking more than 6 months to process.

Without knowing what your conviction was for, it's hard to give specifics.

Rene
I've aready checked and my Theft conviction comes under CIMT. Crazy that stealing a mars bar and some football stickers from woolworths 10 years ago is going to have such a dramatic effect on my life! haha
Old Oct 31st 2016, 3:17 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I've aready checked and my Theft conviction comes under CIMT. Crazy that stealing a mars bar and some football stickers from woolworths 10 years ago is going to have such a dramatic effect on my life! haha
Panini stickers? Brilliant.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Panini stickers? Brilliant.
I didnt even get any shinys! Totally not worth it