Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

usagidonuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

Dear All,

My application petition is approved and am going to have an interview in London, once I received documentation.

I am bits worried because I am Japanese and working in London.
I wonder if there is anyone in the same position as me?
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:51 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

Originally Posted by usagidonuk
Dear All,

My application petition is approved and am going to have an interview in London, once I received documentation.

I am bits worried because I am Japanese and working in London.
I wonder if there is anyone in the same position as me?
You will be fine. You don't have to be a citizen of the country you are living in when you need to apply for a visa at the nearest US Embassy or in some cases, a Consulate.

We are English and were living in Singapore when my husband's company offered him a transfer to New York; we had the interviews at the US Embassy in Singapore.

Recently some Australian friends of ours who are living in New Jersey, went to the US Embassy in London to renew their L1 and L2 visas. (Subsequent visas are attached to passports but you need to travel out of the US for the interview and to have the visas (if approved) placed inside ones passport.

The following week, some friends of ours, wife English and husband Italian who also live and work in New Jersey didn't want to fly to Europe with a young child, so they flew to Halifax in Canada and got their 2nd set of L1 and L2 visas at the US consulate there.

The US Embassy in London is used to expats whom are living and working in the UK applying for visas to go to the US - so don't worry!
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

I applied in Dubai for my L1 as have others who post on here, people have travelled from the UK to Brussells to apply for visas.
It would appear you can apply for a US visa at any consulate so long as your lawyer prepared the required paperwork.
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from the third country having interview in London?

Originally Posted by Vimto
I
It would appear you can apply for a US visa at any consulate so long as your lawyer prepared the required paperwork.
And the Consulate is willing to accept it ...