Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone applied for AOS through Diversity Visa?

Anyone applied for AOS through Diversity Visa?

Old Apr 24th 2002, 11:00 pm
Dv-Man

Default Anyone applied for AOS through Diversity Visa?

I'm thinking of applying for adjustment of status (AOS) in response to my
lottery win.

I know that the lottery-based AOS is only valid until Sep.30, 2003... If I file my
application in June (and my cutoff number traditionally has been accepted by
around December), what are my chances of getting my AOS complete before the fiscal
year is over?

p.s. I don't have any dependents, and I'm single... So it's only my application that
would need processing. Nothing else.

Do you guys think I have a good chance to do AOS, or should I opt for the consular
processing option and return to my homecountry for the visa interview (the problem
with that is, I'll be traveling with an expired F-1 stamp, so if my PR gets denied
there, I'm screwed).

Has anyone done AOS with the lottery, and if so, how long does the procedure normally
take? (I've heard that it takes 2-4 years!!! that's insane... but maybe that's just
for employment or family categories).

Please advise

Old Apr 25th 2002, 12:19 am
Just Joined

lisenok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applied for AOS through Diversity Visa?

I Did.

How soon it will be done depends from your Case number.
For example if you have number:2003EU00001000 or bigger, you will have your Green Card Interview in October 2002, of course you have to send forms to INS after 1 October.
If your number much more bigger, like 2003EU00016234 then interview will be in May or June 2003.

If you are in legal status-you have a really good chance make an Adjustment of Status.

And of course everything finished till September 30, 2003.
It doesn't take 2-3 years.

Good luck!