Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any way to verify if labor certification was really filed by my company

Any way to verify if labor certification was really filed by my company

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:06 pm
Googly Google1

Default Any way to verify if labor certification was really filed by my company

Hi,

My company says that they have filed for my labor certification in
february 2004 but they haven't shown me any receipt or any other proof
of my priority date.

I was wondering if there was a way to independently verify whether
application was filed on my name ?

Thanks,

Vish.

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all
Default Re: Any way to verify if labor certification was really filed by my company

Yes, they have paperwork and there should be a priority date to go by.
I had a similar problem with my employer/and their attorney. If they are not willing to let you see the proof, then there's something fishy going on. This is your life/future they are playing with.
I had a frank discussion with my companies President, (careful not to apportion blame), and said I wanted another attorney to take over my case, even at my own expense if need be. In my case they ageed, and the new attorney could not find any history of past filings.