Any Ideas?

Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Adz888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Ideas?

Hi there,

I was wondering does anyone have any ideas on what visa I could apply for to work in the USA. I am hoping to go there to build up my real estate portifolio. The reason I want to start it in the US and not UK is because there are different types of investing available as well as real estate investing clubs to network. So basically easy to get a full time career out of it rather than a part timer here. I looked at the visas and don't have a degree or the 10 years experience needed. I looked at the Investors E-2 visa but don't have the 100k to start. Any ideas? I was thinking of going over of the 3 month waiver program and look for a job and get someone to sponsor me but I don't think thats possible with the visas available.

Any suggestions would be much much appreicated.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:06 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Ideas?

Help us to help you....

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Real estate portfolio? As in puchasing real estate? But you don't have 100K? How are you going to get these things financed? Have you reviewed the US real estate markets right now?
I don't mean to piss on your parade before you get started, but visa aside, ..
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a joke isn't it?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Adz888 is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for the shitty replies. I was only asking for some advice or suggestions. It's taken me around two years to save £15k but that still, would barely cover the mortgage deposit then I noticed a type of investing in the US called SUB2 and wanted to go over and explore that type of investing. Then I get rude muppets like yourselves putting the whole idea down. Unnecessary.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adz888
I was only asking for some advice or suggestions ...
... Which you received. Also read:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

If you don't meet any of the categories for a visa, you won't be moving to the US anytime soon and you need to look at other countries if you still want to emigrate.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for the shitty replies. I was only asking for some advice or suggestions. It's taken me around two years to save £15k but that still, would barely cover the mortgage deposit then I noticed a type of investing in the US called SUB2 and wanted to go over and explore that type of investing. Then I get rude muppets like yourselves putting the whole idea down. Unnecessary.
Dont take offense on what people write, think they are the questions that actually pop into mind if somebody asks a question like that. They don't mean any disrespect. If you cant answer them and stand up for what you are doing then there is something to think about your plan. Take the things posted in a positive light and you will actually benefit from them.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was only asking for some advice or suggestions.
Post #2 gave you the advice and suggestion you needed. If you can't find a visa that suits your circumstances, then you will not be coming to the US as anything other than a visitor. Now... you may not like that tidbit of information, but that's the reality of the situation - so, deal with it.

US immigration laws are designed specifically to keep non-US citizens out of the US unless they fall within a small group of narrowly-defined exceptions. What do you have to offer the US that is needed? You wanting to be in the US isn't sufficient.

Then I get rude muppets like yourselves putting the whole idea down.
Let's see... you want a visa. You don't have a degree, you don't have the required experience, and you don't have money. Well... what *do* you have that'll help you?

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:18 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You're not helping yourself. Go to the link in #2 and give details for those where you answered yes. If you couldn't answer yes for any of them, we know of no way you can live and work in the US of A.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Real estate portfolio? As in puchasing real estate? But you don't have 100K? How are you going to get these things financed? Have you reviewed the US real estate markets right now?
I don't mean to piss on your parade before you get started, but visa aside, ..
ok, now I can answer my own question.

The typical sub2 deal involves having a seller deed the property to you while leaving the existing mortgage in place. There is no “formal” assumption of the loan, you just start making the payments. There are many variations to this type of deal and as many ways to “take one down” as there are investors doing it. We will cover it all right here.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been to one of these seminars, a friend is involved and I went for the free lunch.

Quite intereting, in my case more into the American physche.

Anyway to answer the OP's question, you do not need a work visa, you can visit etc on the OP, buying property is not 'work'.

None of the people involved work for another, they are independent, sometimes they colaborate on a deal.

My first thought is that to invest in property you need equity, or know somebody who has it.

Also the US Realty market is very very different.