Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Old Nov 19th 2001, 11:51 pm
Hiliter62

I have a very special lady in Odessa, Ukraine with whom I've been corresponding with
for 6 months now. We have fallen in love with each other and I am going to see her in
May. Any help that anyone could offer me with my future bride would be greatly
appreciated. I have applied for my pass port and know that I need to get a travel
visa for Ukraine. I've been doing my homework on what I need to do for the entire
process and any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Gary

Old Nov 20th 2001, 1:18 am
Banjo Bob

You'll have a lot of fun!!! Get your passport and make a color quality photocopy of
it (for you). You'll need to request an official visa application form from one of
their consulate offices. I went through the Chicago office and within 10 days I had
my visa. Just fill out the form and send it, with your passport, to the consulate.

When I went to Kiev to meet my love, I requested a 'P' type visa (private) and stayed
at her place. I also requested a dual-entrance visa as we went to visit Moscow and
St. Petersburg Russia also. There was no problem whatsoever. You probably won't have
to register your passport now since their rules have recently changed.

Be sure to send your passport via FedEx or a similar service and include a return
FedEx label to be sure they send it back FedEx (and you have the tracking number).

If you want a dual-entrance visa be sure to get the other country visa before you
apply for the Ukraine visa as you'll need to send a copy of the other visa to get the
dual-entrance visa to Ukraine.

Be sure to get photographs of the two of you together. Get them developed there so
you don't risk the film being damaged and you find yourself without photos.

Oh, take plenty of cash. Credit cards are NOT accepted except in a few places. Also
exchange your money before you leave as it can't be exchanged outside of Ukraine. US
Dollars are widely accepted. I had multiple ways to carry large amounts of cash well
hidden. Bet a money belt, leg pouch or whatever.

Lastly, have a great time!!! Banjo Bob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 20th 2001, 3:54 am
Steve Hubbard

Is it Oksana from Odessa? She woldn't happen to work in Dentistry...would she?

Old Nov 20th 2001, 5:28 am
Michael Voight

Banjo Bob wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Ouch, the Ukraine consulate require your passport?? The Russian consulate in SF only
wants a copy of it.

Old Nov 20th 2001, 11:20 am
Banjo Bob

Yes. they laminate the visa to one page in your passport. Its a lot like the way we
do the K1 visa here.

Bob

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:28:53 -0800, Michael Voight <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> You'll have a lot of fun!!! Get your passport and make a color quality photocopy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> of it (for you). You'll need to request an official visa application form from one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> of their consulate offices. I went through the Chicago office and within 10 days I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> had my visa. Just fill out the form and send it, with your passport, to the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> consulate.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> When I went to Kiev to meet my love, I requested a 'P' type visa (private) and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> stayed at her place. I also requested a dual-entrance visa as we went to visit[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Moscow and St. Petersburg Russia also. There was no problem whatsoever. You[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> probably won't have to register your passport now since their rules have recently[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> changed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Be sure to send your passport via FedEx or a similar service and include a return[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> FedEx label to be sure they send it back FedEx (and you have the tracking number).[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 20th 2001, 12:58 pm
Hiliter62

No, her name is Olga and she is a hair dresser.........

Old Nov 20th 2001, 10:39 pm
Michael Voight

HiLiter62 wrote:
    >
    >

Those must be small dresses if they fit on a hair.