Another NSC I-129F Approval!

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 11:10 am
JCQualex

Hello Everyone! Well, finally got an approval from NSC, and thought I'd add some info
to the pile. Here's the timeline so far:

Date Mailed: Dec. 15th. Date Rec. NSC: Dec. 18th. Date 1st. NOA: Dec. 21st. Date 1st
NOA Rec: Dec. 27th. Date of Approval: Mar. 22nd.

Okay, let me say that I've learned a TON in the last month or two about the INS, and
I wanted to share it with the group. First of all, They lost my first petition sent
in at the end of September. Like a dummy I did not send it registered, so I had no
recourse but to refile. And no, the check never did get cashed, although I know they
recieved it, as I talked to them about it two months after I had sent it in ( I was
in Russia after I sent it). Anyway, I refiled again in December, making damn sure I
got a signature this time! Obviously I can't prove what happened, but I rather
suspect they recieved a HUGE batch of ILLEGAL Alien petitions about the same time,
and since processing criminals seems to have a higher priority than honest folks,
well, maybe the trash heap can lighten the load a little bit! Anybody else lose
theirs between September and December at the NSC? Calls and letters to Congressman,
Senators, and Justice Deprtment were all useless. Is the INS related to the IRS by
any chance? Seems there is a question of accountability here. Or does absolute power
still corrupt absolutely? Take my advice and don't waste your time with these people,
unless you've contributed major bucks during the last elections! They have no power
to do anything. Your phone works just as good as theirs do. Speaking of phones, do
this. Since you have a computer, use a dialer, set it up to call, and do something
else while it dials. Best time to get into NSC seems to be around 11:00 AM their
local time. I've tried to call early, late, and all points in between, and this works
the best. Start the dialing around
10:00 or so, and just stand by. Usually takes an hour or more, but you can get
through. Hold times seem to be pretty short, usually less than 15 minutes. Okay,
for newbies. The person you talk to will be a information officer, and they don't
know SQUAT! There are very large barriers between them and the rest of the world,
so as not to disturb coffee breaks and that sort of thing. The IO's know what is
on the computer screen in front of them, and it's the same info you get when you
use the auto information junk, with ONE exception. If the paperwork is in
transition from one place to another, they seem to know it, and can ask a
supervisor where it is. I called several days ago, and was told my petition was
"on the desk ... yadda, yadda." The next day I called, and was told my petition
had been moved.

Like a dummy I forget to ask "Moved where!", so I recalled, and the next guy asked me
a lot of questions, put me on hold and got his supervisor. He came back on, and
explained that the consulate normally receives cables in about two weeks. Now, check
this out ... HE WOULD NOT TELL ME THAT I HAD APPROVAL! Top secret, you know. Anyway,
I told him that if it was moved, that it had gone to Central processing, and they
don't get moved there unless they are approved. There they get sorted by region,
assigned the coveted "A" number, and get sent to OUT TAKE for letters to be mailed,
etc. So I can give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt. He knew it was approved,
but just was not allowd to say so. No biggie. It was on the computer tonight, two
days later. One thing I have noticed is a pattern in their actions. Wednesday is the
key day for changes, it seems, and not Monday. And I think they use First In, Last
Out processing, although they tell you otherwise. That explains why Jan. 12 gets done
before Dec. 12., or Oct. 12 before Sept. 12. It's the same each month. Makes perfect
sense if you imagine a large box, filling it at the beginning, and processing it at
the end. Do you really think they will flip it over? (small joke!)

Here's some extra info, too. I had submitted a change of address Feb 5th. After
talking to THREE people at the National Service Center, I followed their advice
and sent NSC a letter. I had been told that my petition would be forwarded to the
next area, in my case to Vermont, as I am moving to Maine. Anyway, no receipt
letter, and no transfer to Vermont, either, although they do have my new address
on the petition now. The fellow I talked to sort of laughed at me, and told me
that all I had to do was CALL them in the future (we had another situation come
up since then and I did not want to complicate things.) Very simple. If I do move
again, it will be very simple to change it this time. Of course from NSC it gets
sent to NVC, so who knows!

Okay, one last thing. I am calling NSC tomorrow to try and get the "A" number, and
from there calling the consulate in Moscow. I am concerned about this spy thing,
expelling diplomats etc. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH G.W. BUSH, YOU ....$$#%$%$%) The timing
was lousy! Or maybe I can take advantage of a bad situation, I don't know yet. I'll
post again after it's over and let the NG know. Might be able to help somebody. Oh,
and there is more, but Email works better if you want details. Just make sure and put
RUSSIA in large letters in the RE: line, or else it gets deleted (after effects of
too much SPAM).

James (USC) And Albina (RFC)