Another medicalfor aos?

Old May 21st 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all
Default Another medicalfor aos?

I believe that i do not need another medical for AOS, although a Civil Surgeon must complete the vaccination section of form I-693. But on calling round most of them are insisting that i need another full medical at a cost of over $300 its a bit bloody cheeky when i have just had one done only a few months ago.
Obviously i would do it but surely this cannot be right just a bit peeved by it.
Old May 21st 2009, 10:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another medicalfor aos?

Originally Posted by muni
I believe that i do not need another medical for AOS, although a Civil Surgeon must complete the vaccination section of form I-693. But on calling round most of them are insisting that i need another full medical at a cost of over $300 its a bit bloody cheeky when i have just had one done only a few months ago.
Obviously i would do it but surely this cannot be right just a bit peeved by it.
No, you do not need a whole new medical, if you've arrived on a K-1. It's often hard to convince the civil surgeon of this, but keep insisting. You might even have to just make an appointment and insist in person, that's what we ended up doing.

Rene
Old May 21st 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all

Thanks Rene
Yeh i arrived on a k1 i will follow your advice and go in person that seems the best bet.
Old May 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It is annoying and it is a constant problem. However, sometimes, it just pays to not fight City Hall.
Old May 21st 2009, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh i arrived on a k1 i will follow your advice and go in person that seems the best bet.
Take your passport with the K-1 visa in it... and take the form that says that if you entered on a K-1 visa you only need the vaccination supplement. Put both documents into his hands... and watch the light bulbs in his head go off and on! Very amusing to watch.

Ian
Old May 21st 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

LOL Thanks Ian
Will do that
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:44 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband came over on a K1. We had a US civil surgeon fill out the vac suppliment part of the I693 and sent it in with our AOS.We also had a hard time finding a doctor to just do the vac suppliment part. We got n RFE for another medical as if he had never had one. Our case was transfered. to CSC . I have read about this happening on a few other cases as well.Fogga also had his case transfered to CSC and had to get another medical. They also now require a TB test . There is a space on the I693 form for the doctor to fill out regarding the test results. My husband got his K1 visa last June and we filed for AOS in October. We got the RFE in March. We decided not to fight city hall and just get a new medical. He got his greencard in April without an AOS interview. I would try and just do the I693 vac suppliment and hope that you have a nice Con Off who realises that you don't need another medical!