Considering a move to the US

Old May 21st 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice
Default Considering a move to the US

Hi all

I read through the FAQs and the whole website AND the whole internet, and cannot find answers to my questions. So here goes:

1. I'd like to move to America from Chorley, Lancashire. Do I need a visa? Can I work under the visa waiver program?

2. I currently work in Asda, been on the checkout for about 5 years but am slowly working my way up the chain. Could I maybe work in Walmart as I know they have offices over there?

3. My husband works for Ford - are there any jobs out there for him? He is a used car salesman, and a damn good one at that.

4. Our kids (Britney, Kylie and Fish) are in two minds as to whether to come and where we should live. Britney wants to go to LA and be a glamour model, whatever that is. Kylie really wants to have a career in how to correctly use s's and z's (zee's) in her writing. Fish is less convinced, he is concerned is MBA, PhD, Nobel Prize will not help his career in nuclear weaponry. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance for your kind direction. Especially from someone called Bob, as I really like his replies.

Old May 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering a move to the US

Old May 21st 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
Hi all

I read through the FAQs and the whole website AND the whole internet, and cannot find answers to my questions. So here goes:

1. I'd like to move to America from Chorley, Lancashire. Do I need a visa? Can I work under the visa waiver program?

2. I currently work in Asda, been on the checkout for about 5 years but am slowly working my way up the chain. Could I maybe work in Walmart as I know they have offices over there?

3. My husband works for Ford - are there any jobs out there for him? He is a used car salesman, and a damn good one at that.

4. Our kids (Britney, Kylie and Fish) are in two minds as to whether to come and where we should live. Britney wants to go to LA and be a glamour model, whatever that is. Kylie really wants to have a career in how to correctly use s's and z's (zee's) in her writing. Fish is less convinced, he is concerned is MBA, PhD, Nobel Prize will not help his career in nuclear weaponry. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance for your kind direction. Especially from someone called Bob, as I really like his replies.

Sounds like you have it great where you are.
Old May 21st 2009, 10:24 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you considered Floida?
Old May 21st 2009, 10:31 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you have 'searched the whole site' and are asking the question can i work on the vwp you must be bonkers!
Old May 21st 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh> did you look through the wiki..especially the bit about ways to live in the US ???

Ha-bl**dy-ha...fell for it hook line and sinker!!!

Last edited by lisa67; May 21st 2009 at 11:30 pm. Reason: I was asleep when I first replied!!
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:02 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
Hi all

ROFLMAO

I hear Ray's looking for a new pool boy and maybe he can test out all his new Tazers out on the kids..
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:06 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

yer, come on in! they don't care, just remember on your visa wavier card to say you wish to overthrow the government, as that always guarantees a great reception at the airport
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

LoL