Another B1 Question

Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

rj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another B1 Question

First thanks for all the help I'm getting on this forum. I do have a lawyer but always like to get peoples experiences on these things so I make the right decisions.

My story so far, I own a UK company which has clients in the US. I acquired a 10 year B1 visa so i could go out there and set-up an office, bank account, phone lines to give us a US presence. I've had 2 x 3 month trips with 3 weeks in between this visits.

In the future I may look at an L1 or e2 but for now I need to get out again to see clients and possibly hire a member of staff but last time i went in the POE gave me a 5 minute grilling and a hard time. He was not in a good mood.

I totally understand it comes down to the POE you get on the day but what do you think is a reasonably time to wait before I head back out? The next visit will only be for a few weeks rather than months.

Many Thanks.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another B1 Question

Originally Posted by rj123
First thanks for all the help I'm getting on this forum. I do have a lawyer but always like to get peoples experiences on these things so I make the right decisions.

My story so far, I own a UK company which has clients in the US. I acquired a 10 year B1 visa so i could go out there and set-up an office, bank account, phone lines to give us a US presence. I've had 2 x 3 month trips with 3 weeks in between this visits.

In the future I may look at an L1 or e2 but for now I need to get out again to see clients and possibly hire a member of staff but last time i went in the POE gave me a 5 minute grilling and a hard time. He was not in a good mood.

I totally understand it comes down to the POE you get on the day but what do you think is a reasonably time to wait before I head back out? The next visit will only be for a few weeks rather than months.

Many Thanks.
If you already have done 180 days this year ..you are alread pushing the envelope,,but you never know until you try

I would say...stay out for 180 days
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least as long out as you were in.

The grilling is hardly surprising given your travel patten.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

rj123 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks, I was planning to stay out for 3 months this time. I'm in a catch 22 as I need to invest enough for the E2 but want to make sure things are going to work before doing that. I'm prepared for another grilling next time.