British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Another B1 Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/another-b1-question-604707/)

rj123 Apr 21st 2009 3:19 pm

Another B1 Question

First thanks for all the help I'm getting on this forum. I do have a lawyer but always like to get peoples experiences on these things so I make the right decisions.

My story so far, I own a UK company which has clients in the US. I acquired a 10 year B1 visa so i could go out there and set-up an office, bank account, phone lines to give us a US presence. I've had 2 x 3 month trips with 3 weeks in between this visits.

In the future I may look at an L1 or e2 but for now I need to get out again to see clients and possibly hire a member of staff but last time i went in the POE gave me a 5 minute grilling and a hard time. He was not in a good mood.

I totally understand it comes down to the POE you get on the day but what do you think is a reasonably time to wait before I head back out? The next visit will only be for a few weeks rather than months.

Many Thanks.

Ray Apr 21st 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Another B1 Question

Originally Posted by rj123 (Post 7500016)
First thanks for all the help I'm getting on this forum. I do have a lawyer but always like to get peoples experiences on these things so I make the right decisions.

My story so far, I own a UK company which has clients in the US. I acquired a 10 year B1 visa so i could go out there and set-up an office, bank account, phone lines to give us a US presence. I've had 2 x 3 month trips with 3 weeks in between this visits.

In the future I may look at an L1 or e2 but for now I need to get out again to see clients and possibly hire a member of staff but last time i went in the POE gave me a 5 minute grilling and a hard time. He was not in a good mood.

I totally understand it comes down to the POE you get on the day but what do you think is a reasonably time to wait before I head back out? The next visit will only be for a few weeks rather than months.

Many Thanks.

If you already have done 180 days this year ..you are alread pushing the envelope,,but you never know until you try

I would say...stay out for 180 days

scrubbedexpat099 Apr 21st 2009 4:30 pm

At least as long out as you were in.

The grilling is hardly surprising given your travel patten.

rj123 Apr 21st 2009 4:39 pm

OK thanks, I was planning to stay out for 3 months this time. I'm in a catch 22 as I need to invest enough for the E2 but want to make sure things are going to work before doing that. I'm prepared for another grilling next time.