AFTER K-1 approval - now what?

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:55 am
Jitters

Hey kiddo....excellent news about the approval...take a deep breath and calm
> down a bit lol..its very exciting to get approval and just ride on that
high
> for a bit hon...I would find out if the consolate your fiance is going
thru
> will open a provisional file...this means that she may request the Packet and receive it
> before your K-1 stuff arrives at the consolate..she can
start
> getting things ready. The packet will have the information you need for
the

Almost all of the posts I have read say that "no", Frankfurt will not open a
provisional file unless they see that original approval notice in their hands. I saw
only one or 2 posts that said they would accept a faxed copy, and those posts were
from the beginning of this year.

> next step..its all up to your fiance now..the only thing you need to
provide
> is the I-134 affidavit of support and a letter of intent to marry. This part flies by
> like rockets...The waiting is almost over...Hope this helps
C

This is the issue. I sat down here and did lots more reasearch. I now understand how it
works, and what I need to do. The only issue in the back of my mind right now is "WHEN"
the heck is the interview going to finally be?? My timing is all wrong. The consulate
has never even heard of our case yet. I started calling people, and faxing requests for
bank info, bugging my boss for another letter, etc, and I have no clue whatsoever if
these papers will even be valid by the time my man walks through those consulate doors.
If anyone knows, or even remembers any recent TSC/Frankfurt couples, I will surely jump
up and down and be your best friend for life. I found 3 on the TSC timeline pages. I
think I am just too eager to get this all behind me and get on with our lives together.

--
Angie - Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA Sascha - Wuppertal, North Rhine Westfalia, Germany

We are going through the K-1 Fiance Visa process.

Our Current K-1 Timeline: http://members.nbci.com/charmeuse000/

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:28 pm
ms_bhon

I read someplace- INS website or literature perhaps- that these documents should be no
older than a year old I believe- the taxes should be as current as you can get them. (I
would assume 2001 would not have to be submitted until after April 15th, or whenever tax
day is this year). Just be sure to send your fiance current pay stubs just before his
interview, to show that the letter from the employer is still true. The letter from the
bank should be fine even if its a coupla months old. If you're worried about that- send
along a recent statement as well. Good luck! Beth