After 7 years...I485 denial

Old Oct 13th 2013, 8:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 7 years...I485 denial

Oh Brat1, my heart breaks for you! It seemed that everything was on track and it would just be a matter of time . . . Sincerely hope that this is just a small bureaucratic setback and easily fixed.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
and the notice will tell me if we can appeal or not.
You can't appeal an employment-based AOS as it is "discretionary" but you can file something called a "motion to reopen" which is similar to an appeal. You can extend your EAD while the MTR is pending.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:57 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Mate..sorry for the delay in replying, yes you would be able to apply for a motion to re-open, I did that and went armed with paperwork to speak to an officer and booked a info pass...and today I am a citizen, it could be as a few have stated a blimp or something so stupid, that can be amended, I do wish you would get an infopass and not use the misinformation line, they should not be able to give you in my opinion this kind of information over the phone!

I might be wrong but didn't you move since 07 if you did, did you inform them of the correct change of address, and no not via the misinformation line, actually in writing and get it verified

Ching ching tomorrow
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Oh Brat1, my heart breaks for you! It seemed that everything was on track and it would just be a matter of time . . . Sincerely hope that this is just a small bureaucratic setback and easily fixed.
Thanks Nutmegger, I'll be in touch....
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
You can't appeal an employment-based AOS as it is "discretionary" but you can file something called a "motion to reopen" which is similar to an appeal. You can extend your EAD while the MTR is pending.
Oh for the love of heaven....this just gets better and better. I've spent all weekend researching this, I have to know what the denial reason is before I can decide where we go from here.....thank you for that...
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Mate..sorry for the delay in replying, yes you would be able to apply for a motion to re-open, I did that and went armed with paperwork to speak to an officer and booked a info pass...and today I am a citizen, it could be as a few have stated a blimp or something so stupid, that can be amended, I do wish you would get an infopass and not use the misinformation line, they should not be able to give you in my opinion this kind of information over the phone!

I might be wrong but didn't you move since 07 if you did, did you inform them of the correct change of address, and no not via the misinformation line, actually in writing and get it verified

Ching ching tomorrow
Poppygirl, no worries. They didn't give me this over the phone...after the phone call to customer service, I got this info via email to tell me there had been an update (all of a sudden) and that there was a denial decision in the post and yes, we did inform them of a move, and please tell me that could not be the reason for this, if they didn't receive it?.. It's going to be a long week me thinks
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Our interview was scheduled in the one week of the year we were actually out of the country so we sent back a letter for each of us (husband and I) to reschedule. They processed my husband's letter but not mine (we had evidence they received both letters). After a while I got a "if you don't reply within xxx [can't remember] days with a good reason to why you missed your appointment we will consider your application abandoned." I got an infopass appt and they were a bit off about it despite (or perhaps because) it was clearly their mistake but then did just start the ball rolling again for me.

So it would not surprise me if there was something you sent in that they did not process, or something they thought they sent out but they didn't, and hopefully it can be fixed quite easily. Good luck.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:57 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Can't offer any advise, just hope it's something you can easily sort out. Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
Poppygirl, no worries. They didn't give me this over the phone...after the phone call to customer service, I got this info via email to tell me there had been an update (all of a sudden) and that there was a denial decision in the post and yes, we did inform them of a move, and please tell me that could not be the reason for this, if they didn't receive it?.. It's going to be a long week me thinks
It was one of my reasons and then they sent my file to the wrong office should of gone to Fresno was sitting in San Fran ....he filed a motion and opened it there and then no wait time!
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jscl
Our interview was scheduled in the one week of the year we were actually out of the country so we sent back a letter for each of us (husband and I) to reschedule. They processed my husband's letter but not mine (we had evidence they received both letters). After a while I got a "if you don't reply within xxx [can't remember] days with a good reason to why you missed your appointment we will consider your application abandoned." I got an infopass appt and they were a bit off about it despite (or perhaps because) it was clearly their mistake but then did just start the ball rolling again for me.

So it would not surprise me if there was something you sent in that they did not process, or something they thought they sent out but they didn't, and hopefully it can be fixed quite easily. Good luck.
I bet you are right on this thats why everything I ever sent I would pay the extra for registered mail, and kept every last slip, email, logged every call, the lot.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

"I bet you are right on this thats why everything I ever sent I would pay the extra for registered mail, and kept every last slip, email, logged every call, the lot."

it's a shame but you have to do that.