After 7 years...I485 denial

Old Oct 12th 2013, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default After 7 years...I485 denial

So, as most of you know my story, I'll keep this brief...

Finally, after having had I-140approval since January 2007, our priority date became current for our permanent residency application to move forward. We submitted our I-485's and within a couple of weeks, had done our biometrics and both my daughter and myself got our Ead's. Both now have job/s. So....

Sine we'd been waiting on any move forward in our case since February, I decided to contact USCIS with an e-request, as we were outwith the processing times for Texas Service Centre. I waited the allocated 30 days, and then having heard nothing, called the Customer Service line. The woman took all my details, said she would forward to TSC and we would hear within 15 days. That was last week.

Now today, I have received an e-mail! saying that the USCIS have mailed us a denial notice for the I-485 applications.....

So, I am beside myself . We have done everything by the book, and now after having been here since the beginning of 2010, it looks like we are facing yet another nightmare. I have now lost all hope, I don't know what to do, and find it strange that all of a sudden, after my contact with them, they are posting a denial notice. I will have to wait to see what the notice says, but I am at a loss...this is the worst news I could have heard right now. Any words of wisdom or advice, or do I just pretend like everything is normal and wait on the letters in the mail???
Old Oct 12th 2013, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 7 years...I485 denial

Oh Brat I don't know what to say. It must be some trivial, silly, little thing that can be rectified quickly. It's got to be something that can be clarified quickly so you can get the approval. I have my fingers crossed for you all.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrible. I feel for you. Do you have any idea what may be the issue? If you know what the issue is, you may be able to appeal the decision.

Last edited by Michael; Oct 12th 2013 at 11:58 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue guys, and the notice will tell me if we can appeal or not. I feel sick to my stomach, this is going to have a huge impact on my family, I don't even know what to say as I don't know anyone who's been through this...I am heartbroken at this stage.....
Old Oct 13th 2013, 12:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, sorry to hear this

Definitely time to lawyer up though!
Old Oct 13th 2013, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this Brat 1. Hope there's a simple solution
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh no, sorry to hear this

Definitely time to lawyer up though!
Bob, once I get the notice, if there's a glimmer of hope, then that's my first stop, this is not the outcome imagined
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:34 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I see you have a lot of posts but I'm unaware of what the rest of your story is. What documents did you enter on in 2010?
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crg
I see you have a lot of posts but I'm unaware of what the rest of your story is. What documents did you enter on in 2010?
Long story, but we entered on h1-b and h-4's.....And extended last year...
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:40 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
Long story, but we entered on h1-b and h-4's.....And extended last year...
Perhaps its a minor detail that can be overcome. Good luck.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

bilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to behold

I have to add my voice to the others...i'm sure that if anything it's going to be a simple things that either you missed doting an i or crossing a t...
Did you get any Rfe? Is it possible that one was sent but you never got it?

Until you get the actual notice i know you wont know, but keep us posted..

In the meantime, my understanding is that you can appeal, so start looking into that now...
Have the company lawyer been in touch with their thoughts?

Ax
Old Oct 13th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bilbos92
I have to add my voice to the others...i'm sure that if anything it's going to be a simple things that either you missed doting an i or crossing a t...
Did you get any Rfe? Is it possible that one was sent but you never got it?

Until you get the actual notice i know you wont know, but keep us posted..

In the meantime, my understanding is that you can appeal, so start looking into that now...
Have the company lawyer been in touch with their thoughts?

Ax
Thank you for that, but easier said than done right now. I think I need to just wait until we get the mailed notices. We had no RFE's, which is why I'm so worried, plus the fact that they've only moved on this since I called them because of the length of time it was taking. I am happy in my job, the thought of going back to my H4 status, if that's even possible, is not good....anyway, thank you, I'll be sitting at the mailbox every morning until it arrives
Old Oct 13th 2013, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that, but easier said than done right now. I think I need to just wait until we get the mailed notices. We had no RFE's, which is why I'm so worried, plus the fact that they've only moved on this since I called them because of the length of time it was taking. I am happy in my job, the thought of going back to my H4 status, if that's even possible, is not good....anyway, thank you, I'll be sitting at the mailbox every morning until it arrives
I believe usually during an appeal, EADs continue to be issued.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michael
I believe usually during an appeal, EADs continue to be issued.
Thanks Michael, this is driving me crazy, I feel sick to my stomach
Old Oct 13th 2013, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Michael, this is driving me crazy, I feel sick to my stomach
I can imagine. You've seemed to always enjoy your time in the US and it is such a shame that you were picked instead of others who would be just as happy to return to the UK. Life isn't always fair.

Last edited by Michael; Oct 13th 2013 at 7:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.