Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

advice please? re.business visit to the US

advice please? re.business visit to the US

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

kimberlydawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy advice please? re.business visit to the US

Hoping that someone can help me. I'm trying to find out some info for a british citizen friend living in Canada who often does one-off jobs in the US. For these work engagements he enters the US on a work visa. However, he's going to the US next week for some meetings, not paid work nor tourism purposes so I checked out the US immigration website to get some info on this special type of business visit visa, and the only way I could get any info or application forms was by buying an application "kit" online, complete with all the forms necessary to obtain this visa. I think this is utterly ridiculous that I would have to pay a fee of $67.95, just to see if I am eligible or if my country is exempt from needing this visa. I guess that's capitalism at its best, where nothing in life is free anymore! Can someone please help? I would appreciate any advice or your own personal experiences. Thanks! Kim
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:45 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please? re.business visit to the US

Originally Posted by kimberlydawn
Hoping that someone can help me. I'm trying to find out some info for a british citizen friend living in Canada who often does one-off jobs in the US. For these work engagements he enters the US on a work visa. However, he's going to the US next week for some meetings, not paid work nor tourism purposes so I checked out the US immigration website to get some info on this special type of business visit visa, and the only way I could get any info or application forms was by buying an application "kit" online, complete with all the forms necessary to obtain this visa. I think this is utterly ridiculous that I would have to pay a fee of $67.95, just to see if I am eligible or if my country is exempt from needing this visa. I guess that's capitalism at its best, where nothing in life is free anymore! Can someone please help? I would appreciate any advice or your own personal experiences. Thanks! Kim
The answer is most likely to be on the USCIS website.

BTW, I'm moving this post to an appropriate Visa related forum.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

kimberlydawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
The answer is most likely to be on the USCIS website.

BTW, I'm moving this post to an appropriate Visa related forum.

NC Penguin
Thanks! -Kim
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a scam if you have to pay for info...anyway, I'm not sure on this, but I would think a B1/2 Visa would be the one your looking for, work/tourist type thing....look that up.