British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   advice please? re.business visit to the US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/advice-please-re-business-visit-us-270095/)

kimberlydawn Dec 3rd 2004 8:29 pm

advice please? re.business visit to the US

Hoping that someone can help me. I'm trying to find out some info for a british citizen friend living in Canada who often does one-off jobs in the US. For these work engagements he enters the US on a work visa. However, he's going to the US next week for some meetings, not paid work nor tourism purposes so I checked out the US immigration website to get some info on this special type of business visit visa, and the only way I could get any info or application forms was by buying an application "kit" online, complete with all the forms necessary to obtain this visa. I think this is utterly ridiculous that I would have to pay a fee of $67.95, just to see if I am eligible or if my country is exempt from needing this visa. I guess that's capitalism at its best, where nothing in life is free anymore! Can someone please help? I would appreciate any advice or your own personal experiences. Thanks! Kim

NC Penguin Dec 3rd 2004 8:45 pm

Re: advice please? re.business visit to the US

Originally Posted by kimberlydawn
Hoping that someone can help me. I'm trying to find out some info for a british citizen friend living in Canada who often does one-off jobs in the US. For these work engagements he enters the US on a work visa. However, he's going to the US next week for some meetings, not paid work nor tourism purposes so I checked out the US immigration website to get some info on this special type of business visit visa, and the only way I could get any info or application forms was by buying an application "kit" online, complete with all the forms necessary to obtain this visa. I think this is utterly ridiculous that I would have to pay a fee of $67.95, just to see if I am eligible or if my country is exempt from needing this visa. I guess that's capitalism at its best, where nothing in life is free anymore! Can someone please help? I would appreciate any advice or your own personal experiences. Thanks! Kim

The answer is most likely to be on the USCIS website.

BTW, I'm moving this post to an appropriate Visa related forum.

NC Penguin

kimberlydawn Dec 3rd 2004 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
The answer is most likely to be on the USCIS website.

BTW, I'm moving this post to an appropriate Visa related forum.

NC Penguin

Thanks! -Kim

Bob Dec 4th 2004 4:07 pm

Sounds like a scam if you have to pay for info...anyway, I'm not sure on this, but I would think a B1/2 Visa would be the one your looking for, work/tourist type thing....look that up.