Advice please

Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

Originally Posted by stevehorwood
Am i going to be asked questions when I enter Dallas FW by customs/ immigration?
Yes.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

stevehorwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Ian
Ok, like what?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, like what?
DH was always asked how long he'd been gone. Most PRs have reported that once or twice.

Are they fingerprinting all PRs at entry now? Under US VISIT?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

sh,

The first questions are usually "What is the purpose of your visit?", and "How long do you plan to be in the USA?"

From there the questions could go off in any direction, or you could be told to enjoy your visit.

Regards, JEff

Am i going to be asked questions when I enter Dallas FW by customs/ immigration?
Yes.

Ian
Ok, like what?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, like what?
They can ask whatever questions they want. Can you, perhaps, be more specific about the sort of questions you don't want them to ask?

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Please read the earlier posts by me here....

I'm going to return using my green card, conditional.
I am not going to mention that I am separated from my wife for now.
I plan on returning and maybe staying, if I do then I will divorce over there and apply to get the conditions on my card removed myself. I married in good faith, it just went to crap.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Please read the earlier posts by me here....
I did... so I'll ask again, what questions don't you want them to ask? If you're not going to be specific, well... I don't know how you're going to get the responses you're after! What do you want us to tell you?

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I did... so I'll ask again, what questions don't you want them to ask? If you're not going to be specific, well... I don't know how you're going to get the responses you're after! What do you want us to tell you?

Ian
Ian: What questions is a Permanent Resident likely to be asked at the POE, when returning to the US after an absense of 4 months?

My answer: How long have you been gone? (answer noted on return entry stamp in pp. Sometimes.)
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Ian: What questions is a Permanent Resident likely to be asked at the POE, when returning to the US after an absense of 4 months?

My answer: How long have you been gone? (answer noted on return entry stamp in pp. Sometimes.)
6 months.
Thank you, that was what I was after.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

6 months.
Thank you, that was what I was after.
A friend of mine was outside the USA for 7 months on his conditional green card. When he arrived at the POE (JFK), he was asked how long he'd been gone. He said 7 months. The Officer asked a lot of questions as to why he was gone more than 6 months. He was out that long to take care of his mother back home. The POE officer gave him a bit of a lecture about not being gone so long the next time, and said he might have to explain his lengthy absence and show proof of the reason for it, if he wants to apply for naturalization.

Rene