Holiday Home Visa Advice

Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

LONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the rough
Default Holiday Home Visa Advice

Hi

I have purchased some land in the wonderful " Lonestar " State

I am building my own house on the plot and will use this as a Holiday home

For the time being I will just visit the property for around 6 weeks of the year when I get leave from work etc

My question is (Apologies this must have been asked millions of times !!!)

When I retire ( in a few years) I would like to visit the property for the duration of the VWP and go home say just short of the 90 days

I would them remain in the UK for the next 9 months and then the following year return for another 90 and so on

Am I allowed to do this or I am required to fill out some Visa application etc

I am not looking to work in the US as I am in work here and have a property etc in the UK

This would just be a holiday home

Any advice would be great
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOLIDAY HOME VISA ADVICE

Originally Posted by LONDONUK1980
Hi

For the time being I will just visit the property for around 6 weeks of the year when I get leave from work etc

When I retire ( in a few years) I would like to visit the property for the duration of the VWP and go home say just short of the 90 days

I would them remain in the UK for the next 9 months and then the following year return for another 90 and so on

I am not looking to work in the US as I am in work here and have a property etc in the UK

Is it legal to do this I mean build a house as a non resident
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You may ... you could when retired even get a B-2 visa and stay 180 days every year ...here in Floriada thousands of Brit do it every year from
Nov-April ....
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Is it legal to do this I mean build a house as a non resident
I dont think he mean build it himself .... more "have built"
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

LONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the roughLONDONUK1980 is a jewel in the rough

It is legal , I pay property tax on the land and have the deeds etc issued by the county sent to me by the county , so thats all above board

Was just worried about how long I can stay there for without getting into too much trouble
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:07 pm
Ray

It is legal , I pay property tax on the land and have the deeds etc issued by the county sent to me by the county , so thats all above board

Was just worried about how long I can stay there for without getting into too much trouble
Poppy thought you meant you was physically going to build it yourself ...
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:07 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks goodness for that .

Ray knows the in's and outs on this subject.

Good luck
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

lol god no , my other half won't let me change a plug let alone build a house

no someone is doing that for me
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:09 pm
Ray

lol god no , my other half won't let me change a plug let alone build a house

no someone is doing that for me
You can decide on which faucets to have ...
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

I think thats my limit , however my wife will prob decide that as well !!!

So the long and short of things is that say I can stay in the US for 90 days every year so long I go home and come back the following year??
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:19 pm
Ray

I think thats my limit , however my wife will prob decide that as well !!!

So the long and short of things is that say I can stay in the US for 90 days every year so long I go home and come back the following year??
Yup ..or even 180 days with the B-2 visa ..of course the POE decides on the day ...but once a year visits will cause no concern
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Excellent , thanks for the quick response to my question