Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

advice needed on moving to US with criminal record..

advice needed on moving to US with criminal record..

Old Nov 25th 2018, 6:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed on moving to US with criminal record..

And if it meets the requirements. Certainly going to take more than $100K-$150K to start up a home construction company, i.e. hiring laborers, buying materials, the high cost of insurance for workers and site issues, and all this without having a single clue on the logistics of building to meet earthquake code, mudslides, fires, etc.

As an E-2 visa applicant must demonstrate that they have put their funds at risk and will be dedicated to the development of the enterprise, it is generally difficult to obtain an E-2 visa with an investment of less than $100,000 to $150,000. Depending on the type of business, the amount invested may vary considerably.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Post Re: advice needed on moving to US with criminal record..

Originally Posted by wisygreen
You could look at E2 treaty investor visa. There is a shortage of construction workers in northern California and with the distruction of so many homes by the fires they are predicting a real problem with rebuilding. However, you need funds to invest, would need to get licensed and California is a nightmare state to run a company in. This is how we moved over 18 years ago.
thanks for your advice, for the time being iv accepted my only real chance is sponsorship from an employer, 1 of which is from Bakersfield in northern California, he maybe real busy and desperate for men and therefore willing to take the risk on my visa, I kinow its illegal for him to accept any payment from for the costs, but im sure gonna offer (awaits back lash) because as of now that is my only hope, I truly love usa and I think its the best place to raise my family in and I wont give up until every avenue is closed...……… or I find 500k some where
Old Nov 25th 2018, 9:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
I know its illegal for him to accept any payment from for the costs, but im sure gonna offer (awaits back lash)
Please don't place the person in that position. As has been stated, it is illegal & could cause him/her problems.

This forum , as I have stated, is really for advice on immigration policies. Threads should not go off topic.

Having read your posts however, I will make the suggestion that if you have the emigration wind beneath your wings & you truly feel that where your family currently lives is not the best for them, then you could investigate possible emigration to somewhere else other than the USA.

The best place to raise any family is the home where everyone is contented, loved and happy.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 10:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I kinow its illegal for him to accept any payment from for the costs, but im sure gonna offer
I was first told about BE by Consular Officers, at the US Embassy in London, who I came into contact with through work. They read it for several reasons and I have no idea if they still do, but would assume it likely.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 12:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury

I was first told about BE by Consular Officers, at the US Embassy in London, who I came into contact with through work. They read it for several reasons and I have no idea if they still do, but would assume it likely.
We know US Immigration read our forums.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 9:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We know US Immigration read our forums.
Its quite popular reading in many immigration departments I believe. We even had an immigration dept case officr posting in the Aus forum for a while, their supervisor was also a member, it turned out, but didn't post, and advised the other to stop posting before they put their job at risk!
Old Nov 26th 2018, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Our immigration officer for your adjustment of status so told about this forum and came online several times to read.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice

Edited

Last edited by CoolHandFluke; Nov 26th 2018 at 3:57 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Make that request privately to a supermoderator, i.e. Noorah101, Jerseygirl, Christmasoompa, etc. Mods and super mods are listed on the start of each forum.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Edited
Do you need assistance?
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Make that request privately to a supermoderator, i.e. Noorah101, Jerseygirl, Christmasoompa, etc. Mods and super mods are listed on the start of each forum.
done.

thanks nete
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Do you need assistance?
sent you a pm
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

hi all, does anybody know if it is possible to arrange a meeting with the us embassy in ,London and basically get the criminal record situation sorted out (good or bad) before bothering with any would be employers, then at least I would not be fearing the rejection and my would be employer wouldn't be wasting his time and money??????????
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't. A decision on a visa application (including the need for a waiver) can only be made when an application is made. Indeed any advice they give you can be 1) wrong or 2) misleading and legal precedent is that they hold no responsibility for it.

That said, you could always retain your own US immigration attorney for a 1 time consultation if it settles your nerves.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 5:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all, does anybody know if it is possible to arrange a meeting with the us embassy in ,London and basically get the criminal record situation sorted out (good or bad) before bothering with any would be employers, then at least I would not be fearing the rejection and my would be employer wouldn't be wasting his time and money??????????
No, there is no way to do this.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.