Advance Parole Q - how to use?

Old Feb 18th 2001, 2:00 pm
Dawn Long

I recently received my advance parole docs after waiting approx 8 weeks from the Memphis
office. I received them yesterday, in the mail. The covering letter states that included
in the packet there is one original and 2 copies. I only received One Orginal and one
copy... Is this sufficient to travel to and from the States... Or how do I get in contact
with the service center in Memphis to ask them about this... Thanks Dawn

Old Feb 18th 2001, 6:33 pm
Andy Platt

It's sufficient so long as the second copy isn't marked "To transportation line". When you
use it, as you re-enter the US, you will be processed through "secondary inspection" where
they will take their copy and leave you with the original which they will stamp. From then
on, assuming it is marked for multiple entries, they will just re-stamp the same one over
and over. My current AP currently has three stamps on it and will get it's fourth next
month ... getting kind of crowded actually!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> I recently received my advance parole docs after waiting approx 8 weeks from the Memphis
> office. I received them yesterday, in the mail. The covering letter states that included
> in the packet there is one original and 2 copies. I only received One Orginal and one
> copy... Is this sufficient to travel to and from the States... Or how do I get in
> contact with the service center in Memphis to ask them about this... Thanks Dawn