Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

30 years of travel history for US Citizenship?

30 years of travel history for US Citizenship?

Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

1apreferably is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 30 years of travel history for US Citizenship?

My wife is submitting the forms to get US citizenship after 35 years in the USA. One of the fields requires a complete travel history, with dates, for the past 30 years!

I doubt this can be reconstructed.

They are obviously not kidding - as it's the government - how have others addressed this?

Thanks in advance for any input or helpful advise.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:24 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 years of travel history

Originally Posted by 1apreferably
My wife is submitting the forms to get US citizenship after 35 years in the USA. One of the fields requires a complete travel history, with dates, for the past 30 years!

They are obviously not kidding - as it's the government - how have others addressed this?

I've only been here for four years with one trip back, and one weekend in Canada, and I cant even remember what year they were. I now know to keep track.

However, having gone for a look at what this form might be, I thought it was for the last 5 years only (if it is form N-400)
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 years of travel history

We had the same problem as my husband travelled overseas a lot on business and we travel to Canada many times each year. We put something like...to the best of our knowledge the information given is as accurate as possible.

This thread is in the wrong forum...I'll get it moved for you.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 years of travel history for US Citizenship?

concentrate on the last five years

They do realize the problems so sometimes ...
vague answers are the norm