221g Advice help needed please!!.

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

SofiaC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 221g Advice help needed please!!.

that is really terrible. I am so sorry Raz, I really empathise with your predicament. Keep me posted.... (I'm still in AP coming up to 6 months! Is this an Obama thing... just asking.)
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SofiaC
Is this an Obama thing...
No. It's a Bush thing... but only because Bush was President on 9/11/01.

Edit to clarify: Administrative Processing has existed for a very long time, but it's only been since 9/11/01 that it has been used so aggressively.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jan 2nd 2013 at 2:37 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Raz2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

hi Guys. just to keep you updated. still waiting been 20 month now in 221g. heard nothing back.

I think being muslim is a crime to them. and i think there hoping to drag it out hoping i wont want to go any more. but ohh well lets see. i aint in no rush.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Hey Raz.
I was just thinking about my 221g this morning. What a coincidence!!!

I'm not muslim and have been waiting 8 months now.

Have begun to make plans to cut ties with the USA (property, finances, tie up company, too tricky to maintain from abroad)

Meanwhile last night on facebook a friend commented on a girl's photo who I recognised from NYC a few years ago that was on an Au Pair Exchange visa. She's from Japan. Turns out she overstayed, married a local at City Hall, had a baby, doesn't live with the "husband" anymore but got her Green Card all the same. Ha!

So, the way I see it, it's the wrong way around... if America does not want my expertise and business yet is happy to let nanny's come in and live off the state... screw them. I'll go to a country that does want me.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raz2012
I think being muslim is a crime to them. and i think there hoping to drag it out hoping i wont want to go any more.
I disagree. I think you were just unfortunate enough to have a hit on your name, and it takes time to manually go through all the checks to make sure you are not the same guy as the one they think you might be.

Rene
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

haha funny story.

yeah i agree. i just wanted to go for a holiday nothing else. i ve always wanted to travel to america for a holiday and was planning a around the world trip and really wanted to visit the US while im travelling. applied for a esta that got denied so had to apply for a b2 visa and comes with it the 221g.

Are you wanting to move to the US?.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

I hope so Rene. Thing is they ve had 20 months to check and make sure who i am. and run all background checks.

really irritating when you haven't done nothing wrong.

Raz
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

i think not. what i ve read a lot of peoples 221g gets sorted after 6 months roughly. not many cases take as long as mine i think.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Raz consult your lawyer about applying for a different visa.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

To be honest Sofia i haven't got a lawyer. i did nt think i needed one. and what i ve heard of there's not much a lawyer can do when it comes to the 221g.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Raz consult your lawyer about applying for a different visa.
My guess is that if Raz was put into Admin Processing for a visitor's visa, he will be put into Admin Processing for all other visa categories as well. He only wants to visit the USA, too, there is no other visa applicable to visiting the USA besides a B-2 visitor visa.

Rene
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

if America does not want my expertise and business yet is happy to let nanny's come in and live off the state...
Out of curiosity, what makes you think the nanny is living off the state?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

That's why lawyers get paid the big bucks. We don't know, they do.
I have received similar advice from my lawyer. I don't want to get into it on here, but Raz will be waiting forever, it's time for the lawyer to step in.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

yeah B2 is the only visa i can apply for. does nt matter what visa i apply for i d get hit with the 221g.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.