221g Advice help needed please!!.

Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Raz2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 221g Advice help needed please!!.

hey,

I attended b2 visa interview in London last year and received a 221g due to security checks i think. well that's the only reason i can think off.

yesterday after a full year i received a email from the embassy saying:

"Unfortunately your travel dates have now passed. In order to continue processing your visa application, you are required to submit a new travel itinerary. This must include the purpose of your trip, a proposed travel date and a full U.S address. If you are unable to provide a full address at this time, please state where you will be traveling to in the U.S. If you are attending a conference, you are required to submit a confirmation letter from the organizers stating your attendance. Please email us by return".

They have not asked for my passport which i heard of is not good thing. has anybody been in the same situation and still received there visa?. all so does anybody know how long it takes to process from here?.

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 221g Advice help needed please!!.

Originally Posted by Raz2012
I attended b2 visa interview in London last year and received a 221g due to security checks i think. well that's the only reason i can think off.
It sounds like you've been put into Administrative Processing.

yesterday after a full year i received a email from the embassy saying:
Good... respond to the email. Give details for everything they ask for.

They have not asked for my passport which i heard of is not good thing.
They're not going to ask for your passport... until such time as you respond to the email, and they process the information you provide.

... has anybody been in the same situation and still received there visa?
Yes - after they respond with the required information.

... all so does anybody know how long it takes to process from here?.
There is no way to know, in advance, how long the process will take. Further, you can't find out where you are in the process, and there is absolutely no way to speed it up. All you can do is wait.

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im just wondering after a full year of 221g I'm assuming they ve done the name check and cleared it. That's why there asking for new intinery. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im just wondering after a full year of 221g I'm assuming they ve done the name check and cleared it. That's why there asking for new intinery. Any thoughts?
I would not assume that anything is cleared. Somehow they noticed your travel dates have passed, and are simply asking for the new travel plans. I wouldn't say it means anything is necessarily cleared. If it was cleared, they'd be asking for your passport.

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

I d agree with that. Well let's wait and see.

Thanks for the replies.

Raz
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's wait and see.
What exactly are you waiting for? Respond to the email... give them what they want.

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

I have sent it inn!. I'm just Going to wait for them to get back in touch!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

221gsucks is an unknown quantity at this point

did you get the visa ? any updates from the consulate ? (i am on the same boat )
Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately I'm still waiting at the moment. I e mailed them and they sent me the same reply that I just have to wait. How long u been waiting?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 4:38 am
Just Joined

SofiaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief. This sounds horrible for you. Very sorry. Hope you managed to get some peace by now.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

They are asking for a new itinerary to determine if there is any need to continue processing the visa application. Your issue may or may not be "the name check".

Regards JEff

Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

just to keep you guys updated im still waiting. e mailed the embassy and they still havent bothered to reply. not looking good. been 18 months now!!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

hi Guys, was just wondering still in AP been 19 months now. is there any legal action i can take or anything?. really frustrated now.

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:44 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

No there isn't, these checks don't have any defined timescales, and can't be sped up. Unfortunately the US Government doesn't have to answer to anyone when deciding who to admit through it's borders.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hi Guys, was just wondering still in AP been 19 months now. is there any legal action i can take or anything?
No.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.