Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

2 quick questions on I-765 for renewal EAD

2 quick questions on I-765 for renewal EAD

Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 quick questions on I-765 for renewal EAD

Hi All,

I'm filling out Sadegh's renewal EAD, and have two questions:

1. #11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS? Obviously, the answer is Yes. The next part is "Which INS Office?" Since we originally mailed in the EAD application to the Phoenix office address (which they forwarded to MSC), should I just put "Phoenix"? And right after that, for Date - do they want the date we mailed in the last one, or the NOA date? What date are they looking for?

Note: Technically I should check NO, since we didn't apply from INS, we applied from USCIS. LOL Kidding!

2. #16. Eligibility Category. He was originally a (c) (9). I'm assuming his eligibililty category hasn't changed, right?

Thanks!
Rene
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 quick questions on I-765 for renewal EAD

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

I'm filling out Sadegh's renewal EAD, and have two questions:

1. #11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS? Obviously, the answer is Yes. The next part is "Which INS Office?" Since we originally mailed in the EAD application to the Phoenix office address (which they forwarded to MSC), should I just put "Phoenix"? And right after that, for Date - do they want the date we mailed in the last one, or the NOA date? What date are they looking for?

Note: Technically I should check NO, since we didn't apply from INS, we applied from USCIS. LOL Kidding!

2. #16. Eligibility Category. He was originally a (c) (9). I'm assuming his eligibililty category hasn't changed, right?

Thanks!
Rene
HI:

1. I would put in PHO and the approval date. [If you want, if you have the MSC number, put that in parentheses]. Through FOIA requests on some of my files, I've seen the database print outs -- if you tell them he had one previously, CIS will find it.

2. Still (c))(9).
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
HI:

1. I would put in PHO and the approval date. [If you want, if you have the MSC number, put that in parentheses]. Through FOIA requests on some of my files, I've seen the database print outs -- if you tell them he had one previously, CIS will find it.

2. Still (c))(9).
Thank you so much, Mr. Folinsky!

Rene
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
HI:

2. Still (c))(9).

Particularly send you will be sending a copy of the old EAD.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Rete
Particularly send you will be sending a copy of the old EAD.
Right. And, I assume a copy of the NOA for the I-485 that shows he's done his fingerprinting will be the proof of filing for AOS.

Rene