Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

15-20 day application time expired. What do I do now?

15-20 day application time expired. What do I do now?

Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Rich31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 15-20 day application time expired. What do I do now?

Hello,

I have been working in the US since May 2006, firsly on a J1 visa for 18months, then in October 2007 I switched to an H1B. I obtained H1B status, but as I had not returned to the UK at that time, I did not have an H1B visa in my passport.

I returned to the UK in december and made my interview at the embassy.

I attended an interview at the London embassy. Unfortunately I had forgotten an important document, and when the interviewer realised this, he suspended the interview and told me to courier the document to the embassy, at which point I would hear something in 15-20 days (this is stated on a paper he handed me, also).

The documents arrived at the embassy beginning of January. I have heard nothing and it has been over five weeks.

Is this normal?

I have emailed the embassy and received an automated reply, acknowledging my email, but nothing more. That was four days ago.

I know it's very difficult to find this stuff out. The embassy is pretty bad at providing contact information.

Is there anything else I can try that will help me discover the status of my application? I fear that there is no way to determine if my application is still being processed, or worse, it has been lost.