1099 for Interview?

Old Feb 12th 2001, 2:36 pm
jada_007

My fiance has his interview next week in London. About 4 months ago i sent him six months
of original paystubs and just last week i sent him 4 of my most recent paystubs to prove
im still employed by the same place and making the same amount of money. Ive also sent him
a notarized letter from my boss stating my position, salary, etc. My fiance also has a
notarized letter with a job offer from my boss as Systems Manager in the firm!

My last three years tax returns werent much as i was married and i worked only a day or
two here and there, however, i still sent them to my fiance with a notarized letter
explaining why my earnings were so little.

Im wondering if they will look for my tax returns for this year, or my 1099 in addition to
everything i have already given him. The problem is my company changed hands mid year and
I received my 1099 from the new owner...but im still trying to chase down the original
owner to get my 1099 from the first half of 2000!! So i cant even file my taxes yet!!
Also, if i send him the 1099 the income for the 7 months doesnt really meet the 125%
poverty guidlines (it was only for 7 months not 12)!

Do you see this as a problem or am i just worrying needlessly. Like i said, i sent him
everything and anything else i had - which was a lot!

Thanks!!

Jada

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:05 pm
Andy Platt

Give the last tax return you have *filed* - even if you had already filed this year's I
wouldn't submit it unless you know it has been processed. I would get a co-sponsor and
have your fiance have their documents ready just in case (but not file them unless there
is a problem).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> My fiance has his interview next week in London. About 4 months ago i sent him six
> months of original paystubs and just last week i sent him 4 of my most recent paystubs
> to prove im still employed by the same place and making the same amount of money. Ive
> also sent him a notarized letter from my boss stating my position, salary, etc. My
> fiance also has a notarized letter with a job offer from my boss as Systems Manager in
> the firm!
>
> My last three years tax returns werent much as i was married and i worked only a day or
> two here and there, however, i still sent them to my fiance with a notarized letter
> explaining why my earnings were so little.
>
> Im wondering if they will look for my tax returns for this year, or my 1099 in addition
> to everything i have already given him. The problem is my company changed hands mid year
> and I received my 1099 from the new owner...but im still trying to chase down the
> original owner to get my 1099 from the first half of 2000!! So i cant even file my taxes
> yet!! Also, if i send him the 1099 the income for the 7 months doesnt really meet the
> 125% poverty guidlines (it was only for 7 months not 12)!
>
> Do you see this as a problem or am i just worrying needlessly. Like i said, i sent him
> everything and anything else i had - which was a lot!
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Jada