10 year Green Card Received

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

anandkumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 10 year Green Card Received

After three years of entering in the US I finally got my green card for 10 years.

I would like to now apply for citizen ship. What should I do ? and how long will it take ? Can some one refer me to a site ?

Thanks all for the help
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 year Green Card Received

Have you been a PR for 3 years minus 90 days? Have you been married to a USC for 3 full years? Do you meet the physical presence guidelines?

Here is the link to the USCIS Guide to Naturalization. It will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

yes i have been married 3.5 years now.

what is physical presence guidelines
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

i only went for 2 weeks out of country
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anandkumar

The Guide in the link I gave you explains all the requirements for filing the N-400.

If you've only ever been out 2 weeks, you should be fine. Also make sure you've lived in your current location long enough to file the N-400 in that district.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You do NOT qualify. Come back in 2 years and then discuss naturalization. You need to be a Permanent Resident for 3 years less 90 days and still married to a USC in order to qualify.

I suggest during that wait time you do a little research into US immigration and naturalization rather than having others do it all for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
You do NOT qualify. Come back in 2 years and then discuss naturalization. You need to be a Permanent Resident for 3 years less 90 days and still married to a USC in order to qualify.

I suggest during that wait time you do a little research into US immigration and naturalization rather than having others do it all for you.
Anand,

Have you been a PR for 3 years minus 90 days yet? This includes your conditional status....look at the "resident since" date on your green card. Has it been 3 years minus 90 days from that date yet?

Rete - he was a CPR before. He just received his 10 year card after removing conditions.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

yes it is 3 years this july since i received my card
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete

Rete
He DOES qualify so why would he need to come back in 2yrs to discuss naturalization.
The link that Rene included in a previous post shall help him in his process if not he can ask further ?'s
Good luck to him and his family with the naturalization process.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

After three years of entering in the US I finally got my green card for 10 years.
I can see why Rete misunderstood the OP's situation --- the above statement could be interpreted to mean the OP got their Green Card yesterday!

In any case, good luck to you, Ana.