10 year ban from the USA.....

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

miamoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 10 year ban from the USA.....

Mr Folinsky,

I appreciate your help. I think you may be right here, although since she is a full blooded icelander how can we get her a US passport? Is that even possible? Can I get her here on a hardship because she is in the hospital right now whithering away, she is only 39 and she has 4 small children that need her to get well. We really would like to bring her here to the USA for treatment for her medical condition. Her step father (my real father) and her real mother (my real mother) and all of her sisters are live here in the USA. Can we petition to have her sent here?
Thanks so much, your advice on this urgent situation means so much to me. And thank you for your time on this matter.
hugs,
Mia

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Mia:
It may very well be that a US passport for your sister will solve all her problems. [no comment on US income tax].
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 10 year ban from the USA.....

Since my sister (who is only 39 years old) is very sick and in the hospital right now whithering away and her 4 small children are suffering tremendously over this situation, I am going to ignore your comment.
Mia

Originally Posted by crg14624
If they were really cruel they could have charged her for a felony for trying to come back without permission 2 years ago.

I love how nothing is her fault.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 year ban from the USA.....

Originally Posted by miamoss
Since my sister (who is only 39 years old) is very sick and in the hospital right now whithering away and her 4 small children are suffering tremendously over this situation, I am going to ignore your comment.
Mia
I'm sorry to hear of your sister's failing health. That's very sad. But since she's so sick, and in the hospital, and she has small children to care for, how is she going to be able to travel to the USA, even if she does get a visa (or even if she is a USC after all)? And what about her children? What will happen to them if she comes to the USA?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg14624
LPRs are usually put into removal proceedings as arriving aliens. Arriving aliens ordered removed get either bars of 5, 20 or life. 10 year bars for being ordered removed after being admitted or a few other things such as prostitution or overstays. .
Hi:

The five years applies to those summarily excluded at the border without a court hearing [a 235 removal]. LPR's get removal hearings as a matter of constitutional requirements of due process. People with removal under 240 proceedings have a 10 year bar.

OP's post may not be as articulate as one might like, but it makes perfect sense.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Folinsky,

I appreciate your help. I think you may be right here, although since she is a full blooded icelander how can we get her a US passport? Is that even possible? Can I get her here on a hardship because she is in the hospital right now whithering away, she is only 39 and she has 4 small children that need her to get well. We really would like to bring her here to the USA for treatment for her medical condition. Her step father (my real father) and her real mother (my real mother) and all of her sisters are live here in the USA. Can we petition to have her sent here?
Thanks so much, your advice on this urgent situation means so much to me. And thank you for your time on this matter.
hugs,
Mia
Hi Mia:

Sigh, you just gave the answer as to why your sister is not a US citizen. It wasn't that you were born on the base.

This is a difficult one, indeed. A tough nut to crack and way beyond assistance of an internet use group. I won't go as far as saying "impossible" -- but it will mean a lot of head scratching, legal research, begging and prayers.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Since my sister (who is only 39 years old) is very sick and in the hospital right now
Even if all the visa issues were straightened out, have you given any thought to health insurance?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Even if all the visa issues were straightened out, have you given any thought to health insurance?
This is what the OP said in her first post 'She has the money to fly here now and she has the money for the doctor that I have selected here for her here in the USA. So that is not the problem'.

I wonder if she has any idea what the full costs will be if her sister is so ill?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

The health and the family may be the stumbling block. Aside from everything else, if I were making a decision on a visitors visa I would take one look at the health issues and think a) she would become a public burden because there is no way of predicting how much things will cost so she couldn't prove she had funds b) she would try to apply for public assistance and c) she would stay in the US because of the amount of family and previously having lived there for so long.

Just so I get it right. Your dad = American and mother = Icelandic. Your sisters dad = Icelandic and mother = Icelandic. Right?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This is what the OP said in her first post 'She has the money to fly here now and she has the money for the doctor that I have selected here for her here in the USA. So that is not the problem'.

I wonder if she has any idea what the full costs will be if her sister is so ill?
Indeed. And what health insurance for the "4 small children"?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

So why doesn't she have the money for a top-notch immigration attorney? Their fee will fade to insignificance with the medical fees.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:30 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So why doesn't she have the money for a top-notch immigration attorney? Their fee will fade to insignificance with the medical fees.
Perhaps she has, but didn't realise she needed one? We're getting this via a third party (the OP), who seems to mean well but may have been a bit too spiky for her own good.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:04 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Off the top of my head (and it's VERY fuzzy today) is there not a visa / waiver of inadmissibility on 'extraordinary' grounds which encompasses such things as medical treatment ? Happen this is a path that the OP could investigate with the help of an immigration lawyer.

Last edited by Songbird; Jan 23rd 2009 at 6:08 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Hello, thanks for your concern, her children are being cared for at home by their father for now. My sister can get out of the hospital and come here, she is able to walk and talk, but she is very weak.
Thanks
Mia

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm sorry to hear of your sister's failing health. That's very sad. But since she's so sick, and in the hospital, and she has small children to care for, how is she going to be able to travel to the USA, even if she does get a visa (or even if she is a USC after all)? And what about her children? What will happen to them if she comes to the USA?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

She doesn't need health insurance, her grandfather just passed away and she inherited a lot of money. Also, the doctor here in the USA who is going to treat her does NOT accept or take ANY insurance, it's cash only.
He is an osteopath/alternative natural doctor, he is my doctor and I have the same condition and I was healed by him.
Thanks
Mia

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes you are right, we both have the same mother who is from Iceland, and we have different fathers, my father was an american soldier and her father was from Iceland. I was born on the military base in Iceland with an American soldier as father, she was born off the military base with a Icelandic father....

Her healthcare will not be a burden for the USA, as she is only coming here for 3 weeks and then will have a returning flight back to Iceland. She cannot stay here in the USA right now as she has her 4 children and her husband that she loves back in Iceland to care for when she gets well again. She will not be moving to the USA anytime soon, in fact she may never want to do that. But for now, we need to get here HERE to see my doctor here in Virginia, who fixed my medical condition, I have the same condition, it's called Endocrine disruption, and although it's not rare, it's very rarely diagnosed. I have been treated by my doctor and I am well again, my sister will need this same treatment and my doctor has agreed to treat her, she will pay him CASH, there will be no hospital stay needed for her. My sister will have proof that she will be coming here with A LOT of money and will not be a burden on me or the family, since she just inherited a lot of money from the death of her beloved grandfather.
Thanks
Mia

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
The health and the family may be the stumbling block. Aside from everything else, if I were making a decision on a visitors visa I would take one look at the health issues and think a) she would become a public burden because there is no way of predicting how much things will cost so she couldn't prove she had funds b) she would try to apply for public assistance and c) she would stay in the US because of the amount of family and previously having lived there for so long.

Just so I get it right. Your dad = American and mother = Icelandic. Your sisters dad = Icelandic and mother = Icelandic. Right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.