10 year ban from the USA.....

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 year ban from the USA.....

Have you thought about flying the doctor to Iceland?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

miamoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Her children will NOT be coming to the USA, neither will her husband. She will be coming here for only 3 weeks to see my doctor for treatment then she will go right back to Iceland to live with her 4 small children and husband again. This will NOT be a long term stay, 3 weeks max is all we need. Then my doctor can do the rest of the treatment on her over the telephone, MAIL, and email. I was treated this way by this doctor myself.
Mia

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Indeed. And what health insurance for the "4 small children"?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

I wish that were an option but it's not, he owns his own medical practice and he cannot close his business down for a week or two to fly to Iceland. I wish that were possible.
Thanks
Mia

Originally Posted by meauxna
Have you thought about flying the doctor to Iceland?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miamoss
I wish that were an option but it's not, he owns his own medical practice and he cannot close his business down for a week or two to fly to Iceland. I wish that were possible.
Thanks
Mia
Definitely have a consultation with an immigration attorney who can determine whether your sister is eligible for either a visitor's visa or a humanitarian visa.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Mia
Just curious if you asked.. I've worked with many alternative practitioners over the years.. you never know what might interest someone!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:09 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

But for now, we need to get here HERE to see my doctor here in Virginia, who fixed my medical condition, I have the same condition, it's called Endocrine disruption, and although it's not rare, it's very rarely diagnosed. I have been treated by my doctor and I am well again, my sister will need this same treatment and my doctor has agreed to treat her, she will pay him CASH, there will be no hospital stay needed for her.
Am I the only one who thinks that we might be moving beyond immigration law, into the realms of consumer protection law?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

What are you trying to say please explain?
This is about immigration law, I am trying to get her here and I am having a hard time due to the laws of immigration. Please don't make this any harder then it already is.
Thanks
Mia

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Am I the only one who thinks that we might be moving beyond immigration law, into the realms of consumer protection law?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mia for explaining your sister's position in more detail. I hope you find a way for her to receive the medical help she requires.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:19 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

What are you trying to say please explain?
This is about immigration law, I am trying to get her here and I am having a hard time due to the laws of immigration. Please don't make this any harder then it already is.
Thanks
Mia
I'm not trying to make it hard for you, but it sounds like you're taking to an "alternative practitioner" who is saying "bring her here and give me lots of money and I will make the problem go away."

And I don't think that that is likely to happen.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to make it hard for you, but it sounds like you're taking to an "alternative practitioner" who is saying "bring her here and give me lots of money and I will make the problem go away."

In all fairness, though, the OP said the treatment worked for her, and she wants her sister to get the same treatment. It really just boils down to whether the sister is qualified to come to the USA now that the ban is lifted. But the whole background needs to be looked at carefully by a good immigration attorney, not us here who are (mostly) laymen. Her sister's case is very interesting, but way beyond the scope of an internet forum.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Definitely have a consultation with an immigration attorney who can determine whether your sister is eligible for either a visitor's visa or a humanitarian visa.

Rene
Not to be Mr Negative, but I think trying to get a humanitarian visa based on a condition not recognized by the EPA is slim to bugger all.

I'm not trying to be mean to the OP, but I think that door can be considered closed.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Mia

Or see if your doctor can recommend a doctor someplace in Europe that can treat her in the same manner. In that way she will not have to worry about coming to the US.

PS Unless your mother (and hers) became a US Citizen before your sister was 18 years old and your sister was at that time a permanent resident, then she would not be a US Citizen.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Her children will NOT be coming to the USA, neither will her husband. She will be coming here for only 3 weeks to see my doctor for treatment then she will go right back to Iceland to live with her 4 small children and husband again. This will NOT be a long term stay
She is very sick and needs to come here for treatment as well, and eventually we want her to move here for good.
In fairness to myself, you can see my confusion, especially since you were openly exploring immigration options which which entailed a permanent move.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Dear Mr. Folinsky,
I took your advice and I contacted Robert Mautino personally. He called me back here at home for FREE! We spoke for 33 minutes....I told him the full story, he did say that it was a tough case for sure. He told me what to do, basically I need to find out if when she was "deported" 2 years ago for trying to enter the country "Before her 10 year ban was up" if they gave her another 5 year ban at that time. If they did, then we can ask for a waiver, if they didn't than we can just get her a visa based on her coming here to visit for medical treatment only, and for 3 weeks only.

This won't be easy, but it's do-able. He also referred me to another attorney in my area that can help me, he gave me her name and number in the DC area, he said she would help. I thanked him profusely for his advice, and he had a great sense of humor!! It was so refreshing to speak to him, so thank you for that great referral!

Your information is priceless and a God send! Thank you for your time.

Mia

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
I suggest consulting with an attorney. And this is one of those areas I would recommend not being cheap and looking for a "free consultation" on this. The national experts on this area of law are Robert Mautino and Kathryn Mautino -- www.mautino.org.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

With all due respect here, please don't tell me what is best for my sister. I have been to this doctor myself. I was bed ridden this time last year, this doctor saved my life for only $190! And a few tests! That was it, I am now on the proper medication and have been symptom free for over a year now....I was so sick that I could not take care of my own children and my husband, who is in the military (US Navy) Chief Nuclear Operator had to come home from overseas on emergency leave to care for me for 6 months! My sister has the same condition that I have, and if I could be fixed by this same doctor, then so can she! I am 100% better now. I owe my life to this doctor and his wife. He is truly amazing. It's not in his treatment, it's in his testing, he performed the tests that are needed for the correct diagnosis.
so please, stop taking this personally and attacking my doctor, I will not be responding to any of your posts from here on out, as I am not about any DRAMA in my life, I have too many other things to worry about. So good luck with your life.
Thanks
Mia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.