10 year B2 visa

Old Apr 25th 2002, 12:30 am
Sundar

Default 10 year B2 visa

Hi,

My mother-in-law got 10 year multiple entry B2 visa couple of days ago. I have
questions on these 10 year visas. I have the following questions regarding duration
and frequency of visits under B2 visa.

1. First time visit with 10 year multiple entry B2 visa - Can she stay beyond six
months with denfinitive dates?
2. What must be the minimum intervals between visits?
3. Is crossing US broders (Canada/Mexico) and coming back accepted? Or doe she have
to return to home country?
4. How long she can stay during her second visit, and future visits?

What are the rules?

Sundar

Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:30 am
Joachim Feise

Default Re: 10 year B2 visa

Sundar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My mother-in-law got 10 year multiple entry B2 visa couple of days ago. I have
    > questions on these 10 year visas. I have the following questions regarding duration
    > and frequency of visits under B2 visa.
    >
    > 1. First time visit with 10 year multiple entry B2 visa - Can she stay beyond six
    > months with denfinitive dates?

The maximum admission duration is 6 months. Sometimes, people are admitted for a
shorter period. When/if the proposed INS rule changes go into effect, the duration
will usually be 1 month, unless the person has good reasons that justify a longer
stay. It is possible to apply for an extension. The proposed rule changes would also
change things here.

> 2. What must be the minimum intervals between visits?

They usually don't like people coming to the US on visitor visas too often. That may
work for some time, but eventually they will notice and will assume immigration
intent, and deny entry.

> 3. Is crossing US broders (Canada/Mexico) and coming back accepted? Or doe she have
    > to return to home country?

See above. It may be accepted for a short time, but they will notice eventually, and
deny entry.

> 4. How long she can stay during her second visit, and future visits?

Same as for any visit.

-Joe