0- visa extension

Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

SofiaC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 0- visa extension

does anyone have any experience in extending their O visa. Mine is expiring in months.

I was thinking to go ahead and do it myself, along with my employer, without using my attorney.

I called the USCIS people but they are really only there to tell you which forms you need.

advice appreciated. Cheers.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: 0- visa extension

Originally Posted by SofiaC
does anyone have any experience in extending their O visa. Mine is expiring in months.

I was thinking to go ahead and do it myself, along with my employer, without using my attorney.

I called the USCIS people but they are really only there to tell you which forms you need.

advice appreciated. Cheers.
Has anyone extended their US visa themselves ?? No attorney?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

We are still in our initial 3 years so haven't renewed yet but we will use an attorney when the time comes.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:05 am
Just Joined

thanks orangepants.. any reason for that?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SofiaC
thanks orangepants.. any reason for that?
Because I like to pay people to do things for me!
Really - I just think things like this are too important and the consequences of a mistake are life changing. My husband's PERM application was rejected in 2005 because of a mistake by a company employee - 31 days in Sept?? - an easy mistake to make, which caused a delay which caused etc etc.. - but if they had paid an attorney to go over the application I believe that we now would be GC holders..
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

fair enough
i paid $5000 for the original 3 year visa,and the attorneys did a great job, but i was wondering how much of it becomes unnecessary expense at the Renewal Stage. This is my first time renewing, and my work experience is even more stronger than when i got the original visa.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

We paid ours $8K. Anyway - for what it is worth our attorney said that "the first application proves you are a person of Extraordinary ability - you dont then become Un-extraordinary (if there is such a word) three years later..." Haven't looked at the paperwork involved but she implied it was pretty straightforward.
Good Luck