Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Week an a half in Brissy!

Week an a half in Brissy!

Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Default Week an a half in Brissy!

Hello Everyone,

Just a wee update,too say I am loving it!

What an emotional fortnight, saying goodbyes; to dog, to best mates; our brilliant and wonderful neighbour; to our parents, you've all been there, horrendous!

Its only when we got on the train down to London that we started to relax and enjoy the experience!Missus not the best of flyers, so we had an ickle pre flight medication to calm her nerves!

Got to Singas, had a nice long shower, then had too sprint down to gate, waste of shower! nice experience though!
Arrived in Brisbane to brilliant sunshine, customs v cool, picked up hire car, off to Redcliffe, then straight to the Lagoon were we spent the next few days. now busy looking at rentals, rentals, rentals! very very few with pool, some will allow pets, she should be here for Xmas, awesome!
Wife starts her familiarisation next week at Royal Brisbane, then get boy in a school, then I can look for a job.

Even at his early stage, for me I know this is the right life choice, I'm like the Paul Whitehouse character on the Fast Show, "BRILLIANT"

Cant wait for more!

Rob Kim Emma Katie & Robbie
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:22 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week an a half in Brissy!

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Hello Everyone,

Just a wee update,too say I am loving it!

What an emotional fortnight, saying goodbyes; to dog, to best mates; our brilliant and wonderful neighbour; to our parents, you've all been there, horrendous!

Its only when we got on the train down to London that we started to relax and enjoy the experience!Missus not the best of flyers, so we had an ickle pre flight medication to calm her nerves!

Got to Singas, had a nice long shower, then had too sprint down to gate, waste of shower! nice experience though!
Arrived in Brisbane to brilliant sunshine, customs v cool, picked up hire car, off to Redcliffe, then straight to the Lagoon were we spent the next few days. now busy looking at rentals, rentals, rentals! very very few with pool, some will allow pets, she should be here for Xmas, awesome!
Wife starts her familiarisation next week at Royal Brisbane, then get boy in a school, then I can look for a job.

Even at his early stage, for me I know this is the right life choice, I'm like the Paul Whitehouse character on the Fast Show, "BRILLIANT"

Cant wait for more!

Rob Kim Emma Katie & Robbie

Welcome to Brissie mate,it will get better when you have joined the monday evening BE crew for a drink in the CBD,see the meet up section for details
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

thats fantastic news, i am so glad you are enjoying it.

i have spoke to you before (so to speak), and at the moment i am a 3rd year student midwife looking to move to the same area (north lakes up to redcliffe) so would be great to hear how you are getting on down to every last detail.

did you find it easy to get a rental short term on arrival and please let us know when you have found a rental long term, i wish you luck with this as i have heard its not easy.

good luck on your first day at work, im sure you will really enjoy it

i will be watching this thread and hope you make an update soon.

we all have the worries we are doing the right thing but reading threads like this helps loads.

take care and enjoy the sun.

cheryl
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:50 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Glad you got here safe and sound. All the best for the future.

Ginny
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:39 am
Just Joined

julesbazz is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

been here just over week and I am bored rigid!!! Hubby came out first to set up camp, north of brizzy and is working. Leaving at 7.30 every morning, The bloody traffic is a nightmare he not getting home until 6 everynight, cant take train as he is a field engineer. Wanted a complex so we could have a pool for kids, the only one available really was in strathpine not far from redcliffe. The place is ok but its a ghost town and most people on this complex seem to be refugees!!!!!!?????? it's like living in the eastend of london!!
Not what we were hoping!! made a big mistake! Hopefully in six months we can move up north lakes way and get a house instead of another complex. Bought myself a car so me and the kids can get out and about for a week or 2 b4 enrolling them in a school, thats another storey......

We have visited redcliffe most days and hung around the lagoon and visited north lakes shopping mall, but there are only so many times you can do that.

Hopefully once kids are in school, I can get a p/t job.

Thank god for these forums, to keep me sane!!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

there was a house on realestate.com i think it was college st something,(4 bed on a complex) we looked at it but it wouldnt let us have our dog! i dont know if you are in a contract or not?

we have just secured a nice rental in North Lakes, with dog, big enough garden for her, we move in friday shopping for a car now!!!

Kim starts work on the 27, so drop by next week for a chat n a cup tea if ya like, our boy (13) wont start school till his mum goes to work.

Pm us later if ya like

Cheers

Rob N Kim
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:33 am
Just Joined

julesbazz is an unknown quantity at this point

thats gr8 news 4 u!! We wanted to find rental with pets that wasnt too expensive. We promised the girls chloe 10 and Kacy 4 a dog or a pool. We could only afford between 300-350 per week as, we havent sold house yet over in wales and me not working yet. mother in law lending us the ready g's for now.
So we thought picking a complex would help us make friends, but unfortunately thats not the case. we are tied in for 6 months, nevermind gives a chance to have a good look around. Northlakes is loved by expats so you should have a great community. Any barbies let us know we could do with getting out and meeting people and have a good drink!! haven't touched the amber nectar since I been here!! arrived 6.10.08

You are from scotland I take it, my brother lives in aberdeen, as did my mum visited alot of places in scot!! gr8 place

anyway gotta check out the schools now, cant afford the private one's so going to have a look at bald hills and eaton hills state, as I see on the website they are the best around here.

laters
bazz & jules