Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Three years ago today...

Three years ago today...

Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Three years ago today...

...we arrived in Australia.

Doesnt seem possible it was that long ago, but by the same token it feels as if we've lived here forever. A lot has changed since then, most notably the birth of our beautiful little girl, who's now 15 months old.

We've moved house four times but finally feel like we're "home". We've also gained a dog and a cat, and lost our beloved English feline friend... had lots of visitors from the UK (my parents have been out four times already) and booked for me and DD to make a visit to the UK in a few months. OH has had three jobs, but after being fed BS from two of them went back to his original job at a local engineering firm and is very happy and settled there.

We got our citizenship last Australia Day which was a special event for us, and my parents came over to see it happen.

Of course, there have been low points.... I've been suffering post natal depression; OH had a lot of messing about when trying to sort out his electrical stuff and earning next to bugger all in the process with the end result of not being able to do it; missing friends and family - which never goes away and, if anything, gets harder as time goes by; this last house move which was more stressful than emigrating!!

But the highs far outweigh the lows and we have made some very good friends along the way. Special thanks to Debs & Gareth and Denise & David for helping us out when we first arrived.... it's something neither of us will ever forget.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three years ago today...

Happy 3rd Anniversary
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:03 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!
Was in your neck of the woods over the weekend, meant to contact you before hand to maybe meet up for a coffee, but forgot! Maybe next time
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Congratulations!!!
Was in your neck of the woods over the weekend, meant to contact you before hand to maybe meet up for a coffee, but forgot! Maybe next time
Make that definitely next time
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:18 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Congrats on progress made Bridie.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

hi Bridie - congrats on the anniversary! Look forward to catchin up - dont forget to call by when collectin K
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
hi Bridie - congrats on the anniversary! Look forward to catchin up - dont forget to call by when collectin K
you beat me to it, was going to PM you and ask if ok to call in this week? will be about 3 on Weds.......
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
you beat me to it, was going to PM you and ask if ok to call in this week? will be about 3 on Weds.......
yup thats all good to me! I am off Wednesday and out during day but will be home by then for the kids coming home from school. Look forward to seeing you both. Maybe my kids can persuade K she would love a new pet cat as we have inherited one with house but it has its beady eye on Rolf (our budgie!)
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok see you then
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:01 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on the 3 year mark Bridie

we've just passed the 2 year one...will update at some point when i'm not busy

Glad your happy hon

I'll be in touch xxxx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ye Bridie A good honest post warts and all. Onwards and upwards.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Hi Bridie, happy anniversary think you were emmigrating around same time as me,, you used to go on Adelaidebrits If im correct,, God were has all that time gone!

Well done for hanging on in there,we came bk and now looking at returning to OZ ,early yr after nxt! I must love stress..

Bluekipper