A six year update......

Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default A six year update......

I wasn't going to do this, and for personal reasons I don't want to say much, but I'm feeling reflective, so I ought to write something to mark the occasion as BE has been here for me for so many years.........

31st October 2003 Polly the Witch left Heathrow on Hallowe'en.......

Six years on, I'm still in Brisbane, I still don't feel at home, though I don't hate it as much as I did at one time. I have learnt to tolerate it.
I don't know where I'm going from here, so please don't ask, as an inability to answer may offend Suffice to say I don't regret coming here, nor would I do things differently if I was in the same position again

I have met some of the loveliest, non-judgemental, caring friends I could ever have wished for, both in cyber-land and in reality. You all know who you are, please accept a big THANK YOU

I have a wonderful job which is never the same two shifts running, and which turns from a peaceful haven into a frantic maelstrom as soon as the Bureau of Met say "oooh its thundering a bit over that way......" I work with some great people who have helped me to achieve professional contentment after several years of hard struggle, and they all know how grateful I am.

And I'm sitting here in the quiet and the darkness with stars twinkling, incense and candles burning, some good music on the cd player, and a bottle of wine beside me thinking............where will I be after the next six years?

Put me somewhere east of midnight, West of the turnpike
Anywhere I wander is where I'll take my rest.........
...............and tonight I shall be watching from the shore.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A six year update......

Happy anniversary Polly!

It makes a world of difference when you have a job you can enjoy rather than a toxic cessspool that you have to tolerate day after day! The only way is up from here on so polish that broomstick and see where the wind and the stars takes you!!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana

where will I be after the next six years?
sitting here in the quiet and the darkness with stars twinkling, incense and candles burning, some good music on the cd player, and a bottle of wine beside me thinking............where will I be after the next six years?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading your post when all your stuff had been shipped ... you were laid on the floor on your computer posting it had all gone!!
ha, how time flies!!
congratulations!!!!!
as to where you will be in 6 months time ... well, who knows!? 6 years before your move to aus did you see yourself in aus??

heres to the next 6 year adventure ... long may it continue!!

Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post Poll
Old Oct 31st 2009, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post Pollyana & it is good that you marked the occasion, regardless of your current circumstances.
It is one year today since we left the UK, time sure does fly!
Very best wishes & enjoy the wine
Happy Halloween
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly

Have this on us Keep your chin up girl...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Anniversery and Happy Halloween
Old Oct 31st 2009, 3:52 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAP01
Hi Polly

Have this on us Keep your chin up girl...
well I think I did a few of those tonight

Thanks guys
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
well I think I did a few of those tonight

Thanks guys
Happy 6 years Polly. I hope you do find peace somewhere. What about the Bloke, would he ever live in UK? or is it too cold for him (like manflu thing).
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i bet you never thought you would be in brissie this long. well done pal
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
i bet you never thought you would be in brissie this long. well done pal
A milestone for sure.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

6 years is a big achievement Polly, although maybe too long? Would there ever be a compromise of returning to the UK for the next 6?

Sam
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Sammy T
6 years is a big achievement Polly, although maybe too long? Would there ever be a compromise of returning to the UK for the next 6?

Sam
Can't leave unless I can get a job back home, and cyclone tracking isn't a big money spinner in the UK
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:53 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Like twt's I remember when you posted just before leaving. Well done on the 6 years.
You have been a mainstay of our little online community and long may it continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.