Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Scotschick, Haggisman and Haggis Jnr - 14 Weeks Today

Scotschick, Haggisman and Haggis Jnr - 14 Weeks Today

Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotschick, Haggisman and Haggis Jnr - 14 Weeks Today

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Weekends here are amazing. We have made so many friends through Expats, through school and in our street. You all know who you are . At the moment I do coffee, lunch and shopping with friends and on the weekends we usually have at least one day doing stuff with friends.

These friends sound great - we've got some good ones too!!!!

Rach
Ha Ha

See you Monday Rach
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Hi, I remember chatting to you at Craigtoun Park and how you were looking forward to it. great to see it is all going well.

We arrived in Brisbane on Tuesday 2nd and are also staying in the Manhatten on Newstead apartments for three weeks. I will PM you and maybe we can meet up.

Bobby and Audrey
Hope to see you guys this week.

Jacqui
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hi jacqui, Great to see youve settled well and daniel is having such a brill time.
well plans change !!! looks like were heading out to brissy mid Nov . there was just not the opportunities for jordan in singa couldn't get him in school etc so its plan A again .And as you said happy kids.....
I would not have been able to work either so i too would be bored.

Ricky has a hospital apt 31st October and depending on the outcome we will be booking flights asap.
Still unsure where we would like to settle but we are erring on Chermside area close to hospitals and schools and plenty for jordan to do .
Well we will rent for short term furnished and with being near xmas we dont know whether just to rent over the hols just incase we cant get sorted with long term Rental close to hols.

Dont want to be stuck on xmas day with no home.
we wont be bringing our furniture over as cheryl will stay on in the house until her wedding in july09. so we will be hitting the shops big time when we get there also.again dont know what the delivery time will be over the festive period.

Well the sun is shinning here in forfar but its still bloody cold. never mine summer is just around the corner. yeh..

speak soon .

sharon sand ricky
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brido
Brilliant post Jacqui,glad your all doing so well and that baby H is settled too.

Kids always settle,i should know as ive done it in the past!

Will catch up for a blether at the next do.
Hi Brido

Great to read that you guys have had a great time settling in too. Will catch up with you both at the next meet.

Jacqui
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry Jacqui,

I thought i was writing a PM.
Didnt mean to hijack your thread.
and too late to edit.

Hows the job ?
Sharon x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharon45
Hi jacqui, Great to see youve settled well and daniel is having such a brill time.
well plans change !!! looks like were heading out to brissy mid Nov . there was just not the opportunities for jordan in singa couldn't get him in school etc so its plan A again .And as you said happy kids.....
I would not have been able to work either so i too would be bored.

Ricky has a hospital apt 31st October and depending on the outcome we will be booking flights asap.
Still unsure where we would like to settle but we are erring on Chermside area close to hospitals and schools and plenty for jordan to do .
Well we will rent for short term furnished and with being near xmas we dont know whether just to rent over the hols just incase we cant get sorted with long term Rental close to hols.

Dont want to be stuck on xmas day with no home.
we wont be bringing our furniture over as cheryl will stay on in the house until her wedding in july09. so we will be hitting the shops big time when we get there also.again dont know what the delivery time will be over the festive period.

Well the sun is shinning here in forfar but its still bloody cold. never mine summer is just around the corner. yeh..

speak soon .

sharon sand ricky
Hi Sharon

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but life is very hectic at the moment. Still totally loving it here and the weather is great although a slightly chilly 24C yesterday which had Daniel asking for his school jumper. LOL in Scotland we would all be complaining about the heat if it was that temperature. How things change.

That's great that you are still heading out Brissie way earlier than expected. Will definitely have to hook up when you get here. We are still in the same rental but not really sure about whether to move at the end of our lease or stay in the same street. We still really love the Carina area so would definitely love to be around here somewhere. Think Craig still fancies the Gold Coast but I am loathe to move Daniel from school again unless we really have to. He has made so many great friends there in the short time he has been there and loves his teacher.

My job went well last week. Have now handed my first assignment in and am just waiting on the pay check. Hopefully things will work out as it is the ideal job for me - working for a few hours at the interview panel and then doing the rest of the work at home which means I don't really have to put Daniel in child care. Plus I really enjoyed it which obviously helps a lot.

Have another full on weekend planned. Going to the Indy at the Gold Coast tomorrow - something I would never have done in Scotland but our mates are into it so have persuaded me to go. They also had me tramping around on a 6km bushwalk last Sunday down to the bottom of a ravine and back up - again something I would never have thought I would have done. Next Saturday is the Gold Coast meet so looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces plus lots of new ones too. You'll love it when you get here. I've never had such a busy social life!!!!

Anyway better get going as need to get Daniel organised for school - then its lunch with a friend today. LOL life doesn't get much better.

Take care and say hi to Ricky

Jacquix
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:07 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jacqui,

Glad to hear things are going so well for you all! Its great that Daniel loves his new school as when the kids are happy you have happy mums eh. Should be at the meet so will see you then

Axx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hey Jacqui,

Glad to hear things are going so well for you all! Its great that Daniel loves his new school as when the kids are happy you have happy mums eh. Should be at the meet so will see you then

Axx
Hi Andrea

Will be great to see you guys again. Really must get together but sounds like you are a bit like us at the mo - never a moment to spare.

Catch up with you next week.

Jacquix
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

nearly missed this one

what a great read pal i loved it.
see ya at the weekend
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
nearly missed this one

what a great read pal i loved it.
see ya at the weekend
Cheers Soapy

Have got our accommodation sorted out so are really looking forward to Saturday night.

See you then.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Cheers Soapy

Have got our accommodation sorted out so are really looking forward to Saturday night.

See you then.
i was hoping i could stay with you
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
i was hoping i could stay with you

Now I'm scared

Ooh err missus LOL

See ya Saturday
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:26 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Now I'm scared

Ooh err missus LOL

See ya Saturday
lookin forward to it pal. oh and i have a great idea for the gold, big haggis will love it
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

Hi Jacqui,

what a fab post. I remember meeting you at a meetup in Edinburgh earlier this year - I can't believe you have been in Oz since June!

It's so great to hear that you are getting on so well - and how great it must be having Haggis Jnr settle in so well. That must be a big weight of your mind.

I hope you continue to enjoy your new lives in Oz and get round to buying a place of your soon.

Can't wait until we are typing up our 14 week update!!

Best wishes,

Yvonne & Paul
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:09 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

THIS is the kind of post that just strengthens my resolve to go through all the expense and hassle and get the hell to Oz ASAP! Granted, it will be another two years before we can realistically go (financials ) but this is exactly the kind of happy, full life that I want for me and my OH.

Fantastic post and keep the updates going, it helps us poor sods still on the 'wrong' side o the world! LOL!

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.