A quick update..

Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute
Default A quick update..

Hi all

I haven't been on this site for a while although I have been off and on for about 4 years.
As some of you may know, myself and my family returned to the UK after living in Perth for a year in 2007. We never really settled there and with one thing and another, we decided to go back to the UK.

To cut a long story short, we soon realised that we had made a huge mistake, sold up again and moved back to Oz, but this time to the Goldie in November 2008.

We absolutely love it here, we now have wonderful friends and the children have really settled this time. They are happy in their schools and they also made lots of friends this time round.

Things are so much better now and the Goldie is definately 'home'.

Jo
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick update..

So glad that you have found your place at last. Pingponging must be a costly business!
Well done for being brave enough to give it a second go!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

PamK will become famous soon enoughPamK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

To cut a long story short, we soon realised that we had made a huge mistake, sold up again and moved back to Oz,

Jo
Hi Jo,

Would be interested to hear about the 'huge mistake' when you returned to the UK ....

Cheers, Pam
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

I haven't been on this site for a while although I have been off and on for about 4 years.
As some of you may know, myself and my family returned to the UK after living in Perth for a year in 2007. We never really settled there and with one thing and another, we decided to go back to the UK.

To cut a long story short, we soon realised that we had made a huge mistake, sold up again and moved back to Oz, but this time to the Goldie in November 2008.

We absolutely love it here, we now have wonderful friends and the children have really settled this time. They are happy in their schools and they also made lots of friends this time round.

Things are so much better now and the Goldie is definately 'home'.

Jo
Know exactly where you are coming from as we did the same but are North Brisbane now after moving back to UK from Adelaide.It is a costly business and I'm just so thankful the move back worked coz my nerves, never mind pocket couldn't have coped with another move and like you, we are all settled and happy-11 months in.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

You sound so happy Jo cant wait to see you all very shortly xxxx Hope I be posting that this time next year!!!

Kath
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
You sound so happy Jo cant wait to see you all very shortly xxxx Hope I be posting that this time next year!!!

Kath
Hi All

We did exactly the same, have moved back to the Gold Coast and loving it - kids settled in after initail worry over teenage son but all good now!! Feel really really happy and content, I think sometimes its easy to look at home through rose coloured glasss, especially when suffering from homesickness. I had a little wobble a couple of months ago when we found out my sister in law was having another baby, and other sister in law was due in August. Weighing up the plus and minus's though - here wins hands down!!! Home will always be home, family and old friends, but I thoroughly enjoy my new home. The choices, weather, beaches, lifestyle are fantastic - LOVE IT!!

We have some friends from our town moving over in a fortnight and can't wait to show them around!!

Will have to meet up when you get here Kath!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Kath
Hi Kath

We will see you all very soon and I know you are gonna love it here

Jo x
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johull
Hi All

We did exactly the same, have moved back to the Gold Coast and loving it - kids settled in after initail worry over teenage son but all good now!! Feel really really happy and content, I think sometimes its easy to look at home through rose coloured glasss, especially when suffering from homesickness. I had a little wobble a couple of months ago when we found out my sister in law was having another baby, and other sister in law was due in August. Weighing up the plus and minus's though - here wins hands down!!! Home will always be home, family and old friends, but I thoroughly enjoy my new home. The choices, weather, beaches, lifestyle are fantastic - LOVE IT!!

We have some friends from our town moving over in a fortnight and can't wait to show them around!!

Will have to meet up when you get here Kath!!
I actually remember speaking to you Jo before you went back to the UK, we were in similar situations at that time.

So happy that it has worked out for you this time around.

Jo
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Mikes got the beers in lol!! xx

Kathxx

Jo - will deffo meet up with you so your sons happily settled now? thats good news

Kath
Old Sep 5th 2009, 6:41 am
Just Joined

amgnag is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope Mikes got the beers in lol!! xx

Kathxx

Jo - will deffo meet up with you so your sons happily settled now? thats good news

Kath
I want to contact with peoples who application have been approved for immigration. One web site is available but did not allow to contact with migrants. Can any body tell me, who I can contact with australian immigrants through net?

Last edited by moneypenny20; Sep 5th 2009 at 12:28 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amgnag
I want to contact with peoples who application have been approved for immigration. One web site is available but did not allow to contact with migrants. Can any body tell me, who I can contact with australian immigrants through net?
You've found one but possibly not this particular forum. Check out the Australia, The Barbie and Immigration Forums. We've all been there, done that, bought the t shirt and/or just put the order in for one.