perth (SOR) one year on

Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth (SOR) one year on

Originally Posted by Kangy-roo
I really enjoyed reading your thread although I must admit it left me with a lump in my throat. The fact that with all the emotions you have gone through you are still happy to be there, is very reassuring. Thank you. I have no doubt you will continue to make lots of friends out there... it sounds like they would be lucky to have you. :-)
To right they would be and they had better look after her

Lynne x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick69
To right they would be and they had better look after her

Lynne x
you'll just have to come over and check they are hon

Sara x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kangy-roo
I really enjoyed reading your thread although I must admit it left me with a lump in my throat. The fact that with all the emotions you have gone through you are still happy to be there, is very reassuring. Thank you. I have no doubt you will continue to make lots of friends out there... it sounds like they would be lucky to have you. :-)
I'm really glad my original post came across the way it was meant to, i was worried it would appear that we were'nt happy here which is not the case, more that there were feelings that we didn't bargain for

good luck in your journey

little bear x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katie fagan
Hi there litle bear, I really enjoyed reading all about your first year in Perth, I was just hoping you might just be able to shed some light on a bit of a difficult situation that we have. We are hopefully heading out in June and all our research has been in WA, however my OH is a brickie too, and we have become increasingly worried about work in WA, we have read loads of threads from brickies of how work is slowing up and they are averaging a 3 day week, how are you finding things? We spoke to our agent who is based in Aus, but not WA, and he told us to stick to our guns and go for it, what do you think???? Many thanks - hope you can help.
Hiya

glad you enjoyed reading my update, Im not gonna lie to you and say its all hunky dory over here with the work, there are many conflicting posts/threads on here and other forums similar to this on the work situation, i can only give you our own experience, hubby has been in work for pretty much all the time we have been here, he works for a pommie gang that have been here approx 12 yrs so have lots of contacts, they do new house builds for other contractors as well as buying blocks of land themselves and building two or three new houses on them to sell on, they have just had a letter from one of the bigger contractors they do alot of work saying that the rate per brick will now be 85cents-like it or lump it, a year ago the rate was $1.15 per brick, saying that the 6 months before we left the Uk the rates were dropping rapidly there too, the interest rate has also gone up on mortgages over here so yes we have missed the boom from a few years ago but i really do feel (dont jump on me please anyone) it would be similar in the uk as far as the economy goes, not trying to scare you at all, just being honest about our experience.

hope that helps you

little bear x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

[QUOTE=little bear;5998410]
Originally Posted by Kelsey37

hi Kelly,

Not a prob, glad to help, not 100% sure of price of L'oreal (i am assuming you are talking majirel range) think its pretty much on par with koleston though. There is a website for the hairdressers registration board if you do a google and type hrb WA then it should come up, in short you will have to sit a theory exam then do a practical exam, you have to pay for the privilage too which is a bit of an insult, is about $120 to put your application in then about $70 for the theory, $200 for the practical and then the lisence is $96 per year, plus you have to supply all your own equipment and products for the exam as well as models- i agree, it is a cheek after passing the TRA but thats how it is-like it or lump it im afraid, purpose of the registration is to regulate the standard of hairdressing but the general sense of opinion is its purely a business to make money-which it certainly does!

let me know if you have any trouble finding the website

cheers

sara x

Hi Sara

Found website thanks, what a rip off, but like you say its the way it is and I respect that. So did you have to get your own models or do they supply them?
I did mean Majirel, your right. Up until 2wks ago I was working in two salons, in one I use majirel and the other wella and aveda
Have you come across any 365 salons yet?

Anyway thanks for all your help and advice its great and your very kind. I'm now going to check our the hairmart website.

Though its not Mothers Day there hope you have a good one.

Kelly
X
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:08 am
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice

Hi Little Bear really enjoyed reading your post and sounds a similar story to ours with our parents arriving two weeks after we moved into our new home in Port Kennedy and our son is also at SBSHS Soccer Academy-Small world!!

Mike & Cheryl
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Kelsey37;6004717]
Originally Posted by little bear

Hi Sara

Found website thanks, what a rip off, but like you say its the way it is and I respect that. So did you have to get your own models or do they supply them?
I did mean Majirel, your right. Up until 2wks ago I was working in two salons, in one I use majirel and the other wella and aveda
Have you come across any 365 salons yet?

Anyway thanks for all your help and advice its great and your very kind. I'm now going to check our the hairmart website.

Though its not Mothers Day there hope you have a good one.

Kelly
X

Hi Kelly,

yes you do have to supply your own models for the practical exam, not easy when you don't know anyone I have a feeling that Volona & associates may be a redken/365 style salon but not 100% sure of that,

Hope you had an enjoyable Mothers Day yesterday, we are enjoying a lazy Labor Day here today (not much labor going on i can assure you) kicked off with a lovely walk along the most amazing beach with my gorgeous pup

just shout if there is anything else i can help you with

cheers

Sara x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nairn
Hi Little Bear really enjoyed reading your post and sounds a similar story to ours with our parents arriving two weeks after we moved into our new home in Port Kennedy and our son is also at SBSHS Soccer Academy-Small world!!

Mike & Cheryl
Hiya

that is spookily similar, what year is your lad in at safety bay? how long have you been over here-nosey mare i am

cheers

Sara x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:39 am
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice

Originally Posted by little bear
Hiya

that is spookily similar, what year is your lad in at safety bay? how long have you been over here-nosey mare i am

cheers

Sara x
Hi Sara,
He is in year 11 but he is vice captian of the year 12 team, We arrived on the 29/09/07 and bought a house in Belmez Turn PK moved in on the 14/11/07
David Plays for Mandurah in the 1st team what club does your son play for??

Mike
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sara,
He is in year 11 but he is vice captian of the year 12 team, We arrived on the 29/09/07 and bought a house in Belmez Turn PK moved in on the 14/11/07

Mike
Ooo, my son is in year 11 and in the elite squad in the soccer academy too.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:27 am
Never give up!!

Originally Posted by sunbather
Ooo, my son is in year 11 and in the elite squad in the soccer academy too.
Oooo,the world is getting smaller,Whats his name David must know him.
What club does he play for?

Mike
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo,the world is getting smaller,Whats his name David must know him.
What club does he play for?

Mike
Sent you a pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sara,

Mike
Ooo my son Sam is in year 11 too! He's a friend of your son's and I've given Dave a lift before!

Hello Anne!

Sally
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SalSa
Ooo my son Sam is in year 11 too! He's a friend of your son's and I've given Dave a lift before!

Hello Anne!

Sally
Sent you a pm a couple of days ago too
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sara,

Mike
Hi Mike (& Cheryl)

My two are yr 8 & yr 9 so in the younger part of the school, out of school they both play for Warnbro Strikers U14's, thats really good your lad being vice captain for the yr 12 team after being here such a short time

will prob catch up somewhere-i seem to be bumping into a few folk from on here unknowingly!

cheers

Sara x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.