One month in

Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One month in

Sorry to hear your experiences JenJen.
I do hope things improve for you and soon.
xx
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you definitely need to go back asap to keep your sanity. Don't know if you remember Rooksie or not. She and her family were planning on moving out for ages, finally got the house sold and moved out to the Sunshine Coast and immediately found she was pregnant. The eldest daughter didn't settle and she was poorly with the pregnancy so they went back after a couple of months. A year on, now with three gorgeous girls, they packed up and moved back out to Cairns where they are as happy as.

She needed her immediate family near her for the pregnancy and ended up with many stays in hospital. She obviously wouldn't have got the help needed for the other children by staying.

No one thinks straight when pregnant. Get back home, be healthy, have the baby, let the hormones get back to 'normal' and then think again. Your health and happiness and that of your baby is far more important than your husband's job for the next year.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: One month in

Jen Jen
I`ve pm`d you.hope things are a lttle better now.
W
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Jen Jen , I am going to PM you. Hope your ok?? I came on to find something out. estherg x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Jen Jen where are you? hope everything is OK?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:03 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

The wirelss 3G thing didn't like BE
But back in the gloriously sunny, hot and wonderful UK (ok so all thats rubbish apart from being back in the UK).

Now been back nearly 2 weeks and feel I have a good perspective of things, thank you everyone and moneypenny I think has hit it on the head, while I was in Australia I couldn't see my pregnancy was just making everything I felt so much worse.
Some of you know my dad came out to help - that didn't go to plan and in the end all faith lost hubby had to book on our flight back to the UK to help me as I am quite weak and wouldn't have been able to cope with little one or the luggage and the kids and my dad too, problems with delyas on the Qantas flight not once but twice meant we arrived into London about 6 hours late and hubby missed his connecting flight back to Sydney (yes thats right he was due to land and then reboard within 4 - 5 hours) he then had to wait at Heathrow for about 9 hours before he could board a plane to get back to Sydney).

I have a very good friend here in the UK that I don't know how i'd have managed without her and some family have been great but I feel very let down by some friends and family who I was close to before I left.
I really miss my husband and won't see him til literally the day before xmas.

I have been well looked after medically though, I've already seen my dr and a midwife and i'm waiting on an appointment with a cardiologist as they suspect my symptoms might be caused by a heart problem which all 4 of the Sydney drs missed and dismissed as me being a pregnant hypercondriac.
A dr in Melbourne picked it up though just before I came home.

I'm not ruling out a return to Australia after the baby is born and hopefully after i've been able to get some treatment and i'm feeling better, I miss my husband a great deal and although we speak at least once a day I know that I never want to be without him for 4 months ever again.

The kids like being back in the UK despite it's grey sky, murky brown sea, and the fact that the weather is similar if not slightly colder than that which we left in Sydney !!!
They're looking forward to seeing their friends and i'm hoping to get them booked into all sorts of things to distract them until they see daddy again.
My youngest has been very upset the last few days and it's his 3rd birthday tomorrow, daddy has sent a parcel for him and i'm hoping despite feeling poorly to make it as special as possible for him and we;ll have a few ppl round, next week he goes back to pre school which I hope will help but phone calls with daddy aren't enough for him anymore and he asks for daddy several times a day .

There is no yellow brick road to a particular country or place, the yellow brick road is what you make it no matter what country you go to or whether you decide to stay in the country you were born or even as I heard yesterday a man who in his 80's had never been further than 200 yards from where he was born !

As much as I miss my hubby he now has 4 months to look into areas that would be great to live in Australia, with play areas and plenty for the kids to do and get involved in, and who knows we might come back to torture you all again , or he might decide he's had enough and what was the 'Australian Dream' for so long might develop into another dream taking us somewhere new - be it 50 miles down the road or 5,000 miles away who knows.

Right now the only dilema we have is whether to find out the sex of the baby at the scan Thursday - I don't think I want to know but I think hubby does so i'm taking my mum (anyone else done that ? is it weird?) and she'll find out if possible to tell hubby).
In a way i'm hoping for another boy, I think a girl would give hubby a full head of grey hair - especially if she took after her mum lol

Wishing you all a happy, healthy life and lots of happiness wherever you can find it xxxxxxxx

Jens

Last edited by JenJen; Aug 27th 2008 at 8:06 am.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: One month in

Good luck and well done for being so brave.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you Jen and that you and the kids are settling back in. I know what you mean about the being apart bit though - that sux bigtime! I hope the medical stuff gets sorted out for you and that the rest of your pregnancy is calm and trouble free!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Smile Re: One month in

Hi JenJen, glad you are back intouch and in the UK!!

I know it must be terribly hard being seperated from your hubby but just remember what you were going through in Oz

Things will settle and more importantly you are getting the medical care you need.

Thinking of you, good luck for Thurdays scan let us know how it goes
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
The wirelss 3G thing didn't like BE
But back in the gloriously sunny, hot and wonderful UK (ok so all thats rubbish apart from being back in the UK).

Now been back nearly 2 weeks and feel I have a good perspective of things, thank you everyone and moneypenny I think has hit it on the head, while I was in Australia I couldn't see my pregnancy was just making everything I felt so much worse.
Some of you know my dad came out to help - that didn't go to plan and in the end all faith lost hubby had to book on our flight back to the UK to help me as I am quite weak and wouldn't have been able to cope with little one or the luggage and the kids and my dad too, problems with delyas on the Qantas flight not once but twice meant we arrived into London about 6 hours late and hubby missed his connecting flight back to Sydney (yes thats right he was due to land and then reboard within 4 - 5 hours) he then had to wait at Heathrow for about 9 hours before he could board a plane to get back to Sydney).

I have a very good friend here in the UK that I don't know how i'd have managed without her and some family have been great but I feel very let down by some friends and family who I was close to before I left.
I really miss my husband and won't see him til literally the day before xmas.

I have been well looked after medically though, I've already seen my dr and a midwife and i'm waiting on an appointment with a cardiologist as they suspect my symptoms might be caused by a heart problem which all 4 of the Sydney drs missed and dismissed as me being a pregnant hypercondriac.
A dr in Melbourne picked it up though just before I came home.

I'm not ruling out a return to Australia after the baby is born and hopefully after i've been able to get some treatment and i'm feeling better, I miss my husband a great deal and although we speak at least once a day I know that I never want to be without him for 4 months ever again.

The kids like being back in the UK despite it's grey sky, murky brown sea, and the fact that the weather is similar if not slightly colder than that which we left in Sydney !!!
They're looking forward to seeing their friends and i'm hoping to get them booked into all sorts of things to distract them until they see daddy again.
My youngest has been very upset the last few days and it's his 3rd birthday tomorrow, daddy has sent a parcel for him and i'm hoping despite feeling poorly to make it as special as possible for him and we;ll have a few ppl round, next week he goes back to pre school which I hope will help but phone calls with daddy aren't enough for him anymore and he asks for daddy several times a day .

There is no yellow brick road to a particular country or place, the yellow brick road is what you make it no matter what country you go to or whether you decide to stay in the country you were born or even as I heard yesterday a man who in his 80's had never been further than 200 yards from where he was born !

As much as I miss my hubby he now has 4 months to look into areas that would be great to live in Australia, with play areas and plenty for the kids to do and get involved in, and who knows we might come back to torture you all again , or he might decide he's had enough and what was the 'Australian Dream' for so long might develop into another dream taking us somewhere new - be it 50 miles down the road or 5,000 miles away who knows.

Right now the only dilema we have is whether to find out the sex of the baby at the scan Thursday - I don't think I want to know but I think hubby does so i'm taking my mum (anyone else done that ? is it weird?) and she'll find out if possible to tell hubby).
In a way i'm hoping for another boy, I think a girl would give hubby a full head of grey hair - especially if she took after her mum lol

Wishing you all a happy, healthy life and lots of happiness wherever you can find it xxxxxxxx

Jens
Good to hear you are OK. Blooming heck youve been through the mill

I think sometimes emigrating is just too stressful for some families I hope you and your hubby can put the country issue aside and get along with what's really important, you him and the kids together in one place.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Very relieved you are back where you feel comfortable. Look after yourself and the children, the time will pass really slowly sometimes and speed past others so just try and enjoy the pregnancy. Don't worry about the family and friends being weird and off with you. Treat them as if you were still 12,000 miles away and be close to those you want around you.

Don't be a total stranger and hope the pregnancy goes well. Only 17 weekends until your husband is back with you