Guess what!!!!

Old May 30th 2007, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess what!!!!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Thanks for all the good luck wishes, sorry I don't think that I made it clear we are just here for three weeks cos our house did not sell
but never mind at least it gives us a good opportunity to look round this beautiful place.

I realised that after I posted

Good luck selling the house, it's so frustrating isn't it. I hope that 'the' person comes along very soon
Old May 30th 2007, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Australia on the Gold Coast. After a long and tiering journey we are finally here. Just had a good nights sleep and are ready to explore. OH and son had a walk on Surfers Paradise beach this morning and said it was like walking on marshmallows. Going to look at a few houses and areas this afternoon.
Best o luck guys
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:46 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

hey congratulations on your journey -!!! we were from west yorkshire too!! moved here march last year and have loved every minute of it, still on the same high as the day we first got here - just with a few more bills lol!!!
life is definitely what you make it here in my opinion, my husband and i have had various different jobs - which werent a struggle to get i might add!!! and i have also completely retrained in a new career which is great!!
i feel we have been very fortunate and hope you have the same good fortune, we settled in brisbane as some areas of the gold coast were a bit too "touristy" for our liking (sorry couldnt think of a better word) but again its each to their own here thats what makes it such a wonderful adventure
best of luck
regards
vb2
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame it hasn't stopped peeing it down for 24 hours although of course we want more of it.

Have a great time. I've never walked on marshmallows but whatever rocks your boat I guess
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:45 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hello Graham and Paula

so how did your trip go???

we were in the UK freezing whilst you were here and now we are back freezing here!

I hope you found Oz as magical as you wanted it to be

We arrived a year ago on the 26th June and have loved every minute

We live in Bayside Brisbane but are thinking of moving up to the Sunshine Coast.
Say hi to your Dad from us

Ange and Si x
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:42 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

have a great time - we had to do the same as our house hadn't sold.
i am just in the process of writing a blog about our reccie.
we are now flying out for good on 4th sept as the house sold the day before we left for our reccie.
Enjoy it!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Australia on the Gold Coast. After a long and tiering journey we are finally here. Just had a good nights sleep and are ready to explore. OH and son had a walk on Surfers Paradise beach this morning and said it was like walking on marshmallows. Going to look at a few houses and areas this afternoon.
Know exactly what you mean about marshmallows, the sand feel's a lot fluffier in Oz, have you come across any squeeky sand yet?
Good luck with the house hunting.
Sam xxx
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi to all
Thanks for all the replies, and sorry it has been so long but when we got back home our computer was no working :curse:
We had the most fabulous time on the Gold Coast and I think that we were very luck as the weather was quite nice too, only a few days of rain just before we flew home. I have read that it got very cold a few days after and it is the worst it has been for about 30 years.
Anyway, back to our recce. We flew from Manchester with Emirates and the planes, food and service were excellent. We changed planes at Dubai then onto Singapore where we spent one night. We arrived in Brisbane on the Monday morning at 6.30am and we were all soooo tired, but we managed to stay up until approx 10pm that night.
We stayed with some friends in Clear Island Waters for a week which is just a fabulous place, but a bit out of our price range. We visited Robina, Broad Beach, Mudgeerabba (please excuse the spellings) Merrimac and Tamborine mountain.
On the second week we stayed in some accommodation in Burleigh Heads and it was then that we said to each other "This is where we would like to be."
The beaches, people and atmosphere are all fantastic. We visited Burleigh Heads State school to get some information and it look a lovely school. What we were very surprised about was the distance between the areas, considering the vastness of Australia the towns were only minutes drive apart and it was great to see places that we had viewed and read up information on.
On our final week we went back to our friends and we had a look at Coomera and Upper Coomera, Lower Beachmont and Southport, but it was still Burleigh that we were drawn to. On our return journey we flew Brisbane to Singapore, changed planes and then onto Dubai where we spent a night. The only thing that I would do different it to stop off at both Dubai and Singapore (our son is very travel sick so it made the journey even more tiresome ).
We will still have another look when we finally arrive as there are so many more places that we did not have time to look at.
To anybody who is heading out permanent or for a recce, I am sure that you will not be disappointed and have a great time.
Please keep everything crossed for us as we have a viewing on Saturday who have already sold their property.Best wishes to all
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:44 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep everything crossed for us as we have a viewing on Saturday who have already sold their property.Best wishes to all
Let us know when we can uncross everything as I might start falling over.............again
Good luck for Saturday hun hopefully 3rd time lucky

Loz x
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:56 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi to all
Thanks for all the replies, and sorry it has been so long but when we got back home our computer was no working :curse:
We had the most fabulous time on the Gold Coast and I think that we were very luck as the weather was quite nice too, only a few days of rain just before we flew home. I have read that it got very cold a few days after and it is the worst it has been for about 30 years.
Anyway, back to our recce. We flew from Manchester with Emirates and the planes, food and service were excellent. We changed planes at Dubai then onto Singapore where we spent one night. We arrived in Brisbane on the Monday morning at 6.30am and we were all soooo tired, but we managed to stay up until approx 10pm that night.
We stayed with some friends in Clear Island Waters for a week which is just a fabulous place, but a bit out of our price range. We visited Robina, Broad Beach, Mudgeerabba (please excuse the spellings) Merrimac and Tamborine mountain.
On the second week we stayed in some accommodation in Burleigh Heads and it was then that we said to each other "This is where we would like to be."
The beaches, people and atmosphere are all fantastic. We visited Burleigh Heads State school to get some information and it look a lovely school. What we were very surprised about was the distance between the areas, considering the vastness of Australia the towns were only minutes drive apart and it was great to see places that we had viewed and read up information on.
On our final week we went back to our friends and we had a look at Coomera and Upper Coomera, Lower Beachmont and Southport, but it was still Burleigh that we were drawn to. On our return journey we flew Brisbane to Singapore, changed planes and then onto Dubai where we spent a night. The only thing that I would do different it to stop off at both Dubai and Singapore (our son is very travel sick so it made the journey even more tiresome ).
We will still have another look when we finally arrive as there are so many more places that we did not have time to look at.
To anybody who is heading out permanent or for a recce, I am sure that you will not be disappointed and have a great time.
Hi you two.
Great to hear about your recce and the fact that it all went well.
We never visited Burleigh Heads strangely but you seem pretty taken with it for sure.
The best of luck for Saturday...we still havent had a sniff on the house front!
Janice x
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:58 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Best Wishes !

Dave
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loz
Let us know when we can uncross everything as I might start falling over.............again
Good luck for Saturday hun hopefully 3rd time lucky

Loz x
PMSL
Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:59 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

glad you had such a good time

good luck for Saturday positive thinking is the key
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoyed reading your post good luck with the viewers karma sent
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all for the good luck wishes. We had a call from the estate agents today and they really loved our house, but they said that their sale fell through yesterday so they are not in a position to put in an offer at the moment (aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh).:curse:
It is soooooooooo frustrating knowing that we love the place and have our visas, but can not go yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.