Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Frustrating and desperate

Frustrating and desperate

Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrating and desperate

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
What a difference a week can make.
My wife took a call 1 hour ago - she has been offered a Job at a school in caboulture - never even met the woman. Permanent. full time.
During the telephone call the power blew and a fuse in the electrics needed resetting - seriously.
My wife blew the power at the moment of being offered the job and its a wireless/ handsfree...... spoooky

I have got 2 jobs tomorrow and I am handing business cards out like sweets to anyone that will listen.
Thanks for everyones support We needed it and the power of positive thinking seems to have made a difference.
- i think we may have made it - long way ahead but just maybe.
Thankyou all

Excellent
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:56 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife took a call 1 hour ago - she has been offered a Job at a school in caboulture - never even met the woman. Permanent. full time.
During the telephone call the power blew and a fuse in the electrics needed resetting - seriously.
My wife blew the power at the moment of being offered the job and its a wireless/ handsfree...... spoooky

I have got 2 jobs tomorrow and I am handing business cards out like sweets to anyone that will listen.
Thanks for everyones support We needed it and the power of positive thinking seems to have made a difference.
Thankyou all
inspirational mate! fantastic
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:58 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Frustrating and desperate

Thanks to everyone for there support - it's importAnt too us both.
We read this thread and it made us feel good the positivity and feelings of expats members. Great to here from some of the members I remember when we were going through the visa process. LIke wendy, Clippies and Rooksie and the rest of you - I really wish you all the best in life - gonna have another beer now -unfortunately Paula can't lol as she starts at 8.30.
Best wishes and thankyou Mick and Paula
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:10 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

We read this thread and it made us feel good the positivity and feelings of expats members. Great to here from some of the members I remember when we were going through the visa process. LIke wendy, Clippies and Rooksie and the rest of you - I really wish you all the best in life - gonna have another beer now -unfortunately Paula can't lol as she starts at 8.30.
mate - we got to catch up when we are over there. you and jed can stay up until 4 in the morning to watch a game!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The first 6 months are by far the hardest. It takes about that long to feel 'comfortable' with things and when you're not working it seems so much harder. Stick with it, it does get easier

You've got over your first hurdle, you should be proud of what you've achieved
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Far be it from me to agree with a Dirty Mag, but well done mate, I'm well pleased. Perhaps when we arrive in Brissy next year we can watch the TYne/Wear derby together, may the best team in red and white win.............

John
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:52 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

so glad that things have turned around for you. keep us updated
bec and egg
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The first 6 months are by far the hardest. It takes about that long to feel 'comfortable' with things and when you're not working it seems so much harder. Stick with it, it does get easier

You've got over your first hurdle, you should be proud of what you've achieved
Agree totally with you Wendy. Just coming up to our 6 month anniversary, can't wait to do my update as it is a positive one!!

Good luck everyone.

Nikki
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:55 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I think you will have to go or compute to Brisbane for a good paying I.T. job

Good luck with croccomputers

I went for a computer consultancy/ technician job up at Noosa and the guy asked me how much my rent was - i told him $410 (not really his business to ask) - he offered me the job and offered me $400 a week.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Mick and Paula,

congratulations on the job... Hope it all goes well for you.. take care x
S-j
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

helenandandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

weel done mick and paula even though it pains me, as have to confess am red and white ( whe hey john & becky). if any where near could meet to discuss merits of both!! we've found it hard but starting to setle in at coolum beach. i've started work at nambour hosp as a nurse. helen full time mum to our 4 kids, 3 of which have started school. just looking to buy and would you believe it our real estate agent is called.......of all things fate.....kevin ball!! anyway you seem on the up...enjoy. andrew and helen
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:12 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Good on ya pal. Glad it's starting to look up for you...

Rob
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Mick move to Perth "boom City'

Loads of jobs, prospects, decent beaches and were all here to help ya.

Bless ya mick

hugs Lace xx

Karma sent
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things are turning a corner for you both. Long may it continue

Tracey
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:02 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all
Just found this thread, but so pleased things are looking up for you both now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.