Five years in Adelaide

Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Five years in Adelaide

Yes it's that time of year again!

5 years in Adelaide today, and 9 years married in a week's time.

Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:02 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Five years in Adelaide

So, what can I tell you about this year?

I installed a new letterbox.

We had a fantastic weekend in Inman Valley.

We also spent a couple of days on a friend's farm in Penola:

The slaughter shed looked like something out of a horror movie!

I'm sure I saw some fingernail scratches on the wall...

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 16th 2014 at 10:10 am.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:32 am
Fighting my corner

Our old loo was well overdue for replacement:

I installed a new cistern and built a shelf around it:

The top can be removed for access to the cistern, and the base is open so we can slide the bin and loo brush underneath.

Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:39 am
Fighting my corner

Got hooked up to mains gas and installed a duel fuel cooker:

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 16th 2014 at 10:52 am.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:45 am
Fighting my corner

Mrs Stampede took a holiday to the UK with the pups this year. She had a full three weeks and enjoyed every minute! While she was away, I decided to get a few things done...

With the help of my mother, her husband, and a bunch of mates, I scrubbed the place up a bit.

Outside wall:

Garden:

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 16th 2014 at 10:49 am.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:56 am
Fighting my corner

Best of all... the bathroom!

Before:

Old Oct 16th 2014, 11:05 am
Fighting my corner

During:

Old Oct 16th 2014, 11:18 am
Fighting my corner

After:

^^ The bath has now been officially approved.

Work was carried out by myself, two professional plumbers (friends of mine, who charged at mates' rates), my mother, her husband, and a mate who's done a bit of DIY in the past.

Wall tiles are 400x250mm ultra gloss white with rectified edges, purchased from Bunnings at $13.50 per metre (1 sqm per box). I bought 14 boxes and used 13. Feature tiles were purchased from Life's Tiles in Salisbury. They came in square sheets and I paid a special price of $20 per sheet (20% discount) thanks to a mate of mine who knows the owners.

The bath is acrylic and cost $136 from Bunnings. It's officially self-supporting but we bedded it down in 60kg of mortar just in case, and now it's not going anywhere until the Second Advent.

I picked up the vanity unit second hand from Gumtree and installed it myself. It came complete with taps and spout. Carcass is melamine and the top is acrylic, but the door/drawer knobs are ceramic and Bunnings sells them for ~$9 each! Taps and spout are good quality too (Bunnings sells this set for $90). The seller wanted $250 but I haggled him down to $200.

We still have some tweaking to do (shower curtain rail, towel rails, and a mirror) but I think it looks OK for now.

Total cost of the renovation was $2,200. I can recommend the following plumbers:

* Josh Horne (Josh's Gas & Plumbing)
* Andrew Hollamby (Smith Brothers Plumbing)

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 16th 2014 at 1:00 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 12:34 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Five years in Adelaide

Great update!!! Loved the pics!!!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 12:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Another farm visit: this time to Hahndorf Farm Barn!

Old Oct 16th 2014, 12:57 pm
Fighting my corner

I think that's about all. Will add more if anything occurs to me. Thanks for reading.

Old Oct 16th 2014, 3:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see things are continuing to go well Vash - love the pics too
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Thank you.

Old Oct 17th 2014, 10:03 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Vash. Should have got you to do our ensuite - would have saved us 1000s

Keep meaning to visit the farm barn, but not got round to it yet.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by rasen78
Great pics Vash. Should have got you to do our ensuite - would have saved us 1000s
Fine if you don't mind some wonky tiles and some random silicone splashes!

Keep meaning to visit the farm barn, but not got round to it yet.
The Farm Barn is excellent value and very family friendly. Fantastic experience for the kids!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.