Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Inman Valley for the weekend

Inman Valley for the weekend

Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Inman Valley for the weekend

Last weekend we visited Inman Valley, where I led a church youth group camp. It's a gorgeous place with stunning scenery.

If you're driving down the A13, make sure you stop at the Mount Compass Tavern for dinner; great food in generous portions at reasonable prices, and very family friendly!

We had a terrific time, and our little pups got their first taste of traditional toasted marshmallows:

Old Aug 7th 2014, 10:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inman Valley for the weekend

The lifestyle kids have here with going camping and experiences like this is fantastic.

BB
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Inman Valley for the weekend

It's so easy to do this here in Australia, and the experience is utterly invaluable.

Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss taking my kids camping, everything was all such an adventure for them, they go on their own now, get smashed with their mates haha
Old Aug 9th 2014, 3:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Camping. That's that tent, sleeping bag thing isn't it? Yeah.... No!

Your daughter is a little stunner, good luck for 10 years time.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 5:49 am
Fighting my corner

I must confess this was not tent camping; we were in dormitories. But they were pretty basic: tiny one-room fibro shacks with vinyl flooring, corrugated iron roofs, and no insulation!