Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First weeks in Cairns...The OH version!

Wikiposts

First weeks in Cairns...The OH version!

Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:47 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns...The OH version!

Originally Posted by Bix
We met up with them and Youngy on boxing day.
Had a bloody good evening

They're doing okay but still waiting for their UK house sale to complete which is delaying their plans for here.
Hi! we are doing well, my job is going well and when the kids go back to school in a few weeks Nigel will hopefully be able to pick up some work too. By then our shipping including his tools should be here or very nearly and our house should finally be sold (only taken 6 months so far!)....we'll then have some money and life will become a lot easier, in the meantime we're enjoying being here, went to see new year fireworks last night and looking forward to a slightly less stressful 2008
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:13 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great, I wish you a terrific 2008,
you're house will be sold,
you're OH will have a great job
kids keep on enjoying school
money in the bank,
sunshine and beaches surrounding you!

All the best for 2008!

Miranda
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:37 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tum
Sounds great, I wish you a terrific 2008,
you're house will be sold,
you're OH will have a great job
kids keep on enjoying school
money in the bank,
sunshine and beaches surrounding you!

All the best for 2008!

Miranda
Sounds perfect

Happy 2008!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi! we are doing well, my job is going well and when the kids go back to school in a few weeks Nigel will hopefully be able to pick up some work too. By then our shipping including his tools should be here or very nearly and our house should finally be sold (only taken 6 months so far!)....we'll then have some money and life will become a lot easier, in the meantime we're enjoying being here, went to see new year fireworks last night and looking forward to a slightly less stressful 2008
Glad to hear that all is well, including the job & house sale finally happening!
Best wishes & happy new year!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:18 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by natalieml
I think it would probably be best for us as my partner will be applying for the visa based on him being a chef so will need to get all his skills assessed etc and then we'll need to add me to that visa as his De Facto partner so will need to proove we've been together. Plus we want to get out there as soon as we possibly can so to make things smoother we were recommended by an unbiased family member who is going through the process at the mo to get one. Any advice welcome though!
Do it yourself without an agent. I applied for a skilled 136 visa and also got my OH a visa as well as my partner (she doesn't meeet the skilled requirements so I got her visa as my OH). If you are logical and can follow the application forms it will be OK to do it on your own. We have split up now but are still good friends & I am still going on my own, but she still has the visa if she wants to use it or she changes her mind (she does not want to go to Oz now).
Shaun
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi
Liz here...glad to hear all is working out well for you. We are still trying to sell the house but hardly any viewings..two said they love dhouse but kitchen too small..think that is worse than them hating the house!! Now we think everyone will think kitchen is too small.

keep in touch, good luck with the house and hope to meet up for a drink with you in March/April.

Take care.....we had our last big night out in manchester last night..4 a.m and aching feet after dancing our socks off!! Cairns next year or maybe Sydney for New Year Fireworks...
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Antar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really nice

windog, great post. More Please