First weeks in Cairns

Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:06 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by youngy73
i would start learning to drive quickly. i think you will struggle living somewhere like cairns with 4 kids and not being able to drive. the public transport here is very poor and unreliable. sometimes the buses simply do not turn up. waits of up to an hour are not uncommon. i would choose very carefully where you live. smithfield or redlynch would be good options for schools, shops etc.
Thanks for the advice.......but ME behind the wheel of a car is a frightening fact Would rather walk!!!!
Looks like Redlynch has the thumbs up so far
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks for the advice.......but ME behind the wheel of a car is a frightening fact Would rather walk!!!!
Beth x x
Hmmm. 4 children. No car. After school activities, weekend sport, weekend activities....

I'd like to see that......

Mum's taxi!

WW
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:32 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Hmmm. 4 children. No car. After school activities, weekend sport, weekend activities....

I'd like to see that......

Mum's taxi!

WW
Hubby will be around for the weekend stuff and he does drive!!
If I live near the school then I don't need to drive
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Actually Liz your application is for a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa and the position has to be approved by a Regional Certifying Body which in Cairns case is the Cairns Chamber of Commerce, Commerce Queensland or Gulf Savannah Development.

Not that I'm pernickety or anything.
That is pernickety. I know what I mean and it had been approved by cairns Chamber of Commerce but then D.I.M.C Business Entry department also approved his application before I sent my part off.
I will get your Mrs to sort you out if you are pernickety again!! or I may have to!
Liz
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Beth x x
We considering redlynch too. Looks like a nice area
Liz
had meds, o.k but it took ages to get my blood presssure reading right..was soooo nervous! he didn't ask for anymore investigations so hopefully that means there are none?? Must have been all that paperwork I took with me!
Lizx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
That is pernickety. I know what I mean and it had been approved by cairns Chamber of Commerce but then D.I.M.C Business Entry department also approved his application before I sent my part off.
I will get your Mrs to sort you out if you are pernickety again!! or I may have to!
Liz
Actually Liz his bit was a visa nomination not an application.
But I mustn't be pernickety
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:52 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
We considering redlynch too. Looks like a nice area
Liz
had meds, o.k but it took ages to get my blood presssure reading right..was soooo nervous! he didn't ask for anymore investigations so hopefully that means there are none?? Must have been all that paperwork I took with me!
Lizx
I should imagine he would have asked for more reports if he wanted them before sending them to LCU......they did with us.
You may get referred at LCU for someone higher up to finalise your meds.......but it only takes a few days longer, and I'm sure you'll be fine!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:36 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I have to have a pool.......that is the girls demand!!!!!
Can't figure out if all of my girls would go to the same school or not
They are 12, 11, 8 & 3 years old. Anyone know?
I don't think it works the same in Oz school years.....so don't know what year they would be in school.
Beth x x
Not sure how young they start at Redlynch State school but the others would definately could go there. My eldest was 12 in December and she's one of the youngest in year 8 and the other is 9 (10 in June) and she's in year 5.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:39 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Not sure how young they start at Redlynch State school but the others would definately could go there. My eldest was 12 in December and she's one of the youngest in year 8 and the other is 9 (10 in June) and she's in year 5.
Thanks for the reply
My eldest was 12 in November......so it sounds like my older 3 would be in the same school then
How are you finding things in Cairns? Any horror stories I need to know about.....apart from meeting Bix or WW....LOL
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:48 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply
My eldest was 12 in November......so it sounds like my older 3 would be in the same school then
How are you finding things in Cairns? Any horror stories I need to know about.....apart from meeting Bix or WW....LOL
Beth x x
Don't think any of the Cairns folk have met WW he's a very elusive character! No horror stories to report, it's been quite a stressful few months just with finding rentals and the drama of our UK house sale but that is all resolved, work is good and Nigel now has an old ute and his tools and kids are getting themselves to and from school on the bus which is good!
Even the weather has been kind, no cyclones (yet) just hot and humid but not unbearable.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:54 am
Make it happen!!!!

Don't think any of the Cairns folk have met WW he's a very elusive character! No horror stories to report, it's been quite a stressful few months just with finding rentals and the drama of our UK house sale but that is all resolved, work is good and Nigel now has an old ute and his tools and kids are getting themselves to and from school on the bus which is good!
Even the weather has been kind, no cyclones (yet) just hot and humid but not unbearable.
That's my mission then....to be the first to meet WW....LOL
I'm not looking forward to fighting over rentals.........houses do look fab in Redlynch though
Still have to sell our house in the UK.......been on the market for 10 months already!!!! EA said it's spotless and modern....just need to wait for a buyer who can afford it
Think I will email the school to see if I can put my girls' names down ready to start school in May.
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:58 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

That's my mission then....to be the first to meet WW....LOL
I'm not looking forward to fighting over rentals.........houses do look fab in Redlynch though
Still have to sell our house in the UK.......been on the market for 10 months already!!!! EA said it's spotless and modern....just need to wait for a buyer who can afford it
Think I will email the school to see if I can put my girls' names down ready to start school in May.
Beth x x
drop the price!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a new website being built.....

http://redlynchsc.eq.edu.au/index.html

It suggests they accept from Prep age upwards.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:01 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by youngy73
drop the price!
Oh do you think I haven't done that!!!! £25k off so far.....almost down to what we paid for it originally 2 years ago :curse:
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Don't think any of the Cairns folk have met WW he's a very elusive character!
I used to live next door to him but couldn't bring myself to tell him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.