First weeks in Cairns

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

I see. Thanks for that. And thanks for the links - very useful.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh, I didn't mention the escapee lions at the safari park did I ?
I always thought they escaped to take up residence in Redlynch...

WW

PS Cairns Safari Park is closer to Kuranda than Mareeba
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Windog has been working for a lady in Kewarra beach, tiling and some other odd jobs, we've been looking for a ute for him but no luck as yet for what he wants in our price range. Tools along with the rest of our wordly goods should be delivered in the next few weeks and then things should get a lot easier.

Hi Karen we are in the same boat as you weve just managed to get a rental in kanimbla just hope we settle ok its expensive but our options wernt that good so much competition so neil will have to do the school run and do casual work until his tools arrive. At least we will have a home before I start work on the ward. We did fancy forest gardens but we can try again when we are ready to buy.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Karen we are in the same boat as you weve just managed to get a rental in kanimbla just hope we settle ok its expensive but our options wernt that good so much competition so neil will have to do the school run and do casual work until his tools arrive. At least we will have a home before I start work on the ward. We did fancy forest gardens but we can try again when we are ready to buy.

Hiya Trudi,
Liz here. Did you have probs finding a rental because of having the dogs? that is our main worry when we move out there...are your dogs still in quarantine?

We want to rent in Forest Gardens. If we sell the house (which is unlikely) before we go I am going to keep 6 months rent held back as an incentive to let the house to us!

How are you settling? Be nice to hear from you. Date for my meds is getting closer and I am not looking forward to them! Have lost 12 pounds weight so far and hope to be down another 10 by the time I go for them.
Let us know how you getting on. Whereabouts is kanimbla?
Lizx
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:04 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

what diet did you decide on Liz i'm following the new Jamie Oliver where he scares you to death so you dont eat.

Did you see his programme where they did an autopsy on the 25 stone man OMG all that fat squashing his insides OMG nothing fattening has passed my lips since.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
what diet did you decide on Liz i'm following the new Jamie Oliver where he scares you to death so you dont eat.

Did you see his programme where they did an autopsy on the 25 stone man OMG all that fat squashing his insides OMG nothing fattening has passed my lips since.

ha ha, yeah I saw that too...I am on a very strict liquid diet called lipotrim. it has been medically approved and consists of 3 drinks a day..like milkshakes. You supposed to not have milk in tea byut I do and still losing weight! Am doing 3 weeks then having a treat (just a healthy meal) then back on it.
Takes a hell of a lot of willpower but I am so determined this time!!
Lizx
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Whereabouts is kanimbla?
Tis attached
Attached Thumbnails First weeks in Cairns-kanimbla.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:22 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, yeah I saw that too...I am on a very strict liquid diet called lipotrim. it has been medically approved and consists of 3 drinks a day..like milkshakes. You supposed to not have milk in tea byut I do and still losing weight! Am doing 3 weeks then having a treat (just a healthy meal) then back on it.
Lizx
thats a crazy diet and cannot be good for the body or soul. whatever happened to regular exercise and a well balanced diet. a couple of beers, the odd glass of red, even the occasional bag of chips aint gonna do you any harm. enjoy everything. just do it in moderation. if you have the will power to only drink 3 shakes a day surely you can make adjustments in your lifestyle which will promote a healthy weight loss.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:21 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Another quick update on hubby's interview with CEC:

Had an email last night from the agency who got hubby the interview.......said they have spoken to CEC and the interview went very well. They have already had one reference back which was excellent. Hoping to hear something in the next few days
Beth x x
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:28 am
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Hi does anyone know of a good reliable babysitter for palm cove area? If so can you PM me i would really appreciate it thanks guys.xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by youngy73
thats a crazy diet and cannot be good for the body or soul. whatever happened to regular exercise and a well balanced diet. a couple of beers, the odd glass of red, even the occasional bag of chips aint gonna do you any harm. enjoy everything. just do it in moderation. if you have the will power to only drink 3 shakes a day surely you can make adjustments in your lifestyle which will promote a healthy weight loss.
I know it's crazy..it is a kickstart to healthier eating and I am purely doing it to get weight off quick for the damn austrlian visa medical..otherwise there is no way I would have done it. I have got round to thinking now though that if they don't want me because I am just over B.M.I then it is their loss!! I have all the skills, a job lined up, and every intention of staying in Oz but weight seems to be an issue, even though I walk 6 miles a day with the dog and am not unhealthy..always been sporty and biggish build anyway.
That is the only reason I am doing it. used to be a personal trainer so know how to lose weight gradually..which I will when I have kick started it with this...already my bad food cravings are disappearing and had no alcohol for 3 weeks!
Liz
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis attached
Thanks Bix.
Liz
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:42 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Lizx

Have you checked with the makers of the product whether they advise you to do this diet before blood tests.

The only reason I ask is because a friend of mine was on one of these diets and she was advised not to have a blood tests because it does something wierd to the blood, not sure what though.

Just if it came back in your tests though dont know if it would cause a problem.

Kaye
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:51 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

What banks are in Cairns? Thinking about opening an Oz bank account soon and need to know which bank is pretty good and has local cash machines etc.
Thanks,
Beth x x
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:24 am
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
What banks are in Cairns? Thinking about opening an Oz bank account soon and need to know which bank is pretty good and has local cash machines etc.
Thanks,
Beth x x
We went with ANZ coz they can give us the best mortgage deal (via broker)
there is also NAB and commonwealth and a few others though cant remember its easy to open one when you get here all you need is a passport and they open it on the spot you get cards within a couple of days.p,s have pm you back.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.