Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

6 months on the gold coast

6 months on the gold coast

Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Smile 6 months on the gold coast

Hi all, its been nearly six months in Oz so thought I would do a update.
When we were in the Uk we had lots of hassle selling our house (it fell through 3 times) and when we finally got the call to say it all went through we were so relived. The next two weeks where crazy sorting every thing out, closing bank accounts, paying debts off etc. We stayed at parents for our last two weeks and when the day came to fly it was very emotional, I did not realize how bad it would be. When we where in the airport we where having a very serious conversation about not going. After speaking with parents on the phone we came to our senses and got on the plane.
When we arrived in Brisbane we checked into a B&B for a couple of weeks and started running round sorting every thing out. First thing was the bank (commonwealth), we had a really nice person dealing with us and it made a big difference. Then we had to get mobile phones which was a hassle. If you want a contract phone, they need to contact your employer, but if you don’t have a job yet and no address they will not give you a contract so we ended getting pre paid.
We found a house very quick, it was the second one that we viewed and the first that we applied for. We offered to pay three months rent up front and that seemed to sway it our way. We got it for 6 month and are looking at taking another 6 months. We live in Jacobs Ridge in Ormeau and love it.
I had a job to come out to and I started work two weeks after been here, it’s a great place with great people. My partner had a hard time finding work but after 3 months she got her dream Job. The sort of job she would never have got in the uk.
Things seem to be getting better an better and we just love the place. The sun shines people smile and every thing just seems better. We’ve been up to Cairns, in a helicopter over the Reef, camping in lamington National Park , swimming on a weekend at surfer plus plenty more. This week it’s the indi so we are defiantly making the most of it
Lee and Jadie
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 months on the gold coast

Good to see its going well folks. May it all continue.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi all, its been nearly six months in Oz so thought I would do a update.
When we were in the Uk we had lots of hassle selling our house (it fell through 3 times) and when we finally got the call to say it all went through we were so relived. The next two weeks where crazy sorting every thing out, closing bank accounts, paying debts off etc. We stayed at parents for our last two weeks and when the day came to fly it was very emotional, I did not realize how bad it would be. When we where in the airport we where having a very serious conversation about not going. After speaking with parents on the phone we came to our senses and got on the plane.
When we arrived in Brisbane we checked into a B&B for a couple of weeks and started running round sorting every thing out. First thing was the bank (commonwealth), we had a really nice person dealing with us and it made a big difference. Then we had to get mobile phones which was a hassle. If you want a contract phone, they need to contact your employer, but if you don’t have a job yet and no address they will not give you a contract so we ended getting pre paid.
We found a house very quick, it was the second one that we viewed and the first that we applied for. We offered to pay three months rent up front and that seemed to sway it our way. We got it for 6 month and are looking at taking another 6 months. We live in Jacobs Ridge in Ormeau and love it.
I had a job to come out to and I started work two weeks after been here, it’s a great place with great people. My partner had a hard time finding work but after 3 months she got her dream Job. The sort of job she would never have got in the uk.
Things seem to be getting better an better and we just love the place. The sun shines people smile and every thing just seems better. We’ve been up to Cairns, in a helicopter over the Reef, camping in lamington National Park , swimming on a weekend at surfer plus plenty more. This week it’s the indi so we are defiantly making the most of it
Lee and Jadie
You are making me jealous! You sound like you are having fun and long may it continue.

Best Wishes

Lone Ranger
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

too much bloody fun if you ask me!
when does the holidy end?

all the best guys

soapy